If you are passionate about Southern Africa and if travelling and cultural exchanges make you feel excited, we believe this is a perfect job for you! As our French Speaking - South Africa Tour Conductor (Tour Guide), you will act as the main guide that leads a group of 4-10 travellers throughout South Africa.
You will accompany our clients in their dream of discovering South Africa, as well as making their trip an unforgettable experience.
We are Africaventura, the newest addition to the group. We love the African continent and believe in authentic, local & sustainable travel.
If you have the same passion, and you are looking for an international working environment that will provide you with great long-term opportunities,
we would love to welcome you to be part of the team!
The basics you bring along
- Advanced knowledge of the French Language for communication with clients.
- A South African resident with an official Tour Guide license and PdP.
- Extensive knowledge of the flora and fauna, history, and current matters in Southern Africa.
- Good knowledge of French culture and current matters.
You can impress us even more with
- Good English language communication skills.
- Passion to show the authenticity of South Africa.
- You are engaging, reliable and really well organized.
- You are characterized by openness, cheerfulness, willingness to help, and a positive attitude.
- Our clients are more than just customers to you, you treat them like friends and make sure their trip with us will be the best experience they can have.
- You keep calm even when it gets stressful, act according to the protocol in special circumstances, and can help out with flexible solutions on your own.
- You are interested in sustainable, local & authentic travel.
- We prefer that you have some experience, but also welcome the newly graduate too!
What awaits you in your new job
- Being the leader of the trip : you will lead a group of travellers (small size 4-10 people) on a 2-3 weeks all-country trip and stay with the group as a host of the trip and the representative of our company.
- Providing clear information about the places we visit and conveying your enthusiasm for this fascinating country.
- Being the first personal contact for our customers in case of any problem during the trip.
- Ensuring the safety of our travellers and operating a smooth tour.
- In some cases, manage company's cash payment with the local partners.
- Help monitor that the services delivered by our partners meet our quality, safety, and sustainable standards.
- Simply having a good time and sharing it with people from French-speaking countries!
What we promise you
- Advance training and development program areas such as languages, history & cultural knowledge, new destination & travel product knowledge, safety & sustainability.
- Opportunity to participate in further education for Tour conductors within the company.
- Competitive salary for each tour, with an increased payment system based on performance.
- Additional earnings for taking over extra work before or after the tour.
- Further, career opportunities such as the possibility to become part of the operational team, travel coordinator for our tour guides, or conductor of research (inspection) trips.
- International & friendly working environment, with colleagues in South Africa, Germany, Asia, and South America who are a lot more than just co-workers.
We are a Travel Service Developer. We are a global network of tourism experts, who create, launch, and support highly specialized, individually branded travel services.
All our services are led by passionate intrapreneurs with extraordinary travel expertise. By providing financial support, IT, marketing, and other services, Ventura Travel allows its brands to focus on their individual core competence while having a highly competitive infrastructure.
Our goal : our travel hub replaces ordinary touristic products with authentic travel experiences created by passionate specialists.
You are looking for the job you love and at the same time you come up to our requirements, are enthusiastic about the responsibilities for this position, and on top of that share our values?
Then, we are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software that only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager, and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.