Would you like to be part of an organization with leaders who are passionate about diversity and impacting the transformation and growth of South Africa?
Do you get excited about the opportunity to take actionable steps to make a positive impact on the employee experience for Amazonians of varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view?
Are you interested in influencing senior leaders to make measurable positive impact on diverse talent? If these things excite you and have piqued your interest, then the Learning and Development Program Manager for Amazon in South Africa might be the right opportunity for you.
We are seeking Learning and Development Program Manager with deep experience in B-BBEE skills development programs to execute against Amazon’s B-BBEE Strategy and Action Plan.
This is a senior role within the organization and will require applying strategic thinking to government B-BBEE and Skills Development legislation, problem solving and developing value-adding strategies which align B-BBEE legislation and objectives, the spirit of transformation and our business strategy.
You own the Skills Development Strategies, targets, policy implementation, as well as annual planning and reporting. You will also implement skills development and workplace learning to support organizational transformation.
You will be responsible for driving overall Sectoral Education and Training Authority (SETA) initiatives and processes in Amazon including WSP collation and submission, and compliance to SAQA and B-BBEE standards, as well as create and execute learning strategies and programs.
You will implement various learning methods (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training), and you will plan and coordinate skills development interventions.
You will compile and present the relevant reports to the Social and Ethics Committees, as well as any relevant senior leadership committees.
You will coordinate and manage the bursary recruitment and management process annually, building a pipeline of future tech leaders in South Africa.
You will collaborate with the student programs and talent acquisition teams to coordinate the recruitment and manage interns and learners across Amazon in South Africa, ensuring that exceptional tech talent is identified and retained throughout the organizations.
You will also coordinate the Annual B-BBEE Audit for the Skills Development element.
You will drive Skills Development compliance throughout the business, training and coaching line managers on element specific issues, targets, initiatives, operational governance and compliance.
You will ensure that compliance to SETA’s, Skills Development Legislation, B-BBEE criteria, as well as industry associations and regulations is upheld timeously.
The ability to access and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, manage programs in a matrixed environment, assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, address partner concerns, make tradeoffs, scale initiatives, and balance the business needs as they implement specific guidance around the transformation program execution is critical for this role.
This role requires the ability to be a thought leader, to customize solutions to the Amazon South African organization and the unique Amazon culture, to educate and influence a team of passionate and engaged leaders, and the ability to translate strategies or prior practices into practical and actionable solutions.
- At least seven years’ relevant work experience
- Proven work experience as a Skills Development Facilitator and / or training manager
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in B-BBEE, including DTIC Codes of Good Practice, ICT Sector Codes, detailed reporting, policy review and verification
- Superior technical expertise in the interpretation and application of B-BBEE legislation, including all elements of the DTIC Codes
- Experience with B-BBEE systems analysis and strategy creation
- Excellent writing- and communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, including experience with data analysis
The ideal candidate should have technical qualification and experience i.e. have worked as a Skills Development Facilitator with a deep understanding of the various SETA requirements and as a B-BBEE Skills Development coordinator / manager.
They should be familiar with the B-BBEE Codes and the calculations of the scorecard, as well as be able to provide strategic advice, have good presentation and report writing skills, etc.
- They should not only be passionate about delivering meaningful transformation solutions but obsessed with rigorous goal-setting, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
- Successful candidates will have experience driving, initiating, and delivering people-related change management programs, earning trust with customers, effective senior stakeholder management, and translating policy into action.