Introduction The Milpark Education is a registered Private Higher Education Institution offering business management education that focuses on the areas of management and leadership, financial planning and insurance, and banking across South Africa and in
Company Milpark Education (Pty) Ltd Reference # LearnTech 231221 Published 23 / 12 / 2021 Contract Type Permanent Salary Market Related Location Nationwide, Nationwide, South Africa Introduction The Company
Milpark Education is a registered Private Higher Education Institution offering business management education that focuses on the areas of management and leadership, financial planning and insurance, and banking across South Africa and in other parts of Africa.
Milpark offers full-time, part-time and distance learning Higher Education (HE) and Further Education and Training (FET) qualifications, as well as career-focused short courses.
The higher education qualifications offered start at NQF level 5, extend into levels 6 and 7,
and culminate in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) at NQF level 8.
Our short-term qualifications cover the spectrum from NQF level 5 through to NQF level 7.
Milpark Education has been rated as the Number One Private Provider of the MBA degree and was placed fifth in the overall rankings of accredited Educations in the 2012 PMR.
africa national survey on accredited Educations offering MBA / MBL degrees in South Africa.
The Milpark culture is based on 5 core values :
- We focus on providing quality education to our students
- We focus on our excellent customer service
- We work together with integrity and respect
- We take personal accountability and responsibility
- We create value for our stakeholders through innovation and operational excellence
Milpark Education has set out to be at the front of innovation in teaching and learning. Our transformation roadmap will include investment in digitally enabled and technology-supported learning approaches.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning Delivery, the Instructional Technologist serves as a resource to the institution in the delivery of educational programmes across the institution.
The Instructional Technologist supports the Schools in all aspects of academic technology integration and innovation. The individual in this role provides support and partners with academic staff to create any necessary technology integrations for the institution’s teaching and learning strategy.
They assist to create and provide training materials and experiences for the academic teams; provide consultation, training and assistance on a variety of instructional, multi-media and emerging technologies;
improve student engagement, student achievement and digital literacy skills by facilitating academic staff’s professional growth and development on the selection and integration of appropriate technologies for their discipline and learning objectives.
Job Functions Academic,Social Media,Software Development Industries Academic Specification Responsibilities
Assist in Providing Training & Support by :
- Working closely with the academic staff to strengthen teaching and learning by supporting technology skills of staff and provide training in a variety of modalities.
- Serving as a LMS specialist, assist in providing on demand, and scheduled consulting services to faculty in the implementation of effective outcomes-based materials using the appropriate and available technology
for onsite and online courses.
Assisting in the design of training programs and facilitation of professional development workshops for staff and students on topics associated with the effective use of LMS, classroom technologies and the
appropriate application of online tools and software resources.
- Assisting in the identification, development, and updating of targeted training resources (tutorials, videos, e-support articles, etc) for faculty, staff, and students on identified technologies.
- Maintaining involvement and understanding of current trends in Ed Tech systems / software and provide learning resources and guidance in that area to other team members (cross-training).
Conducting evaluations and comparisons by :
- Participating in the evaluation and selection of the latest instructional technology software and hardware; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Assisting Manager in keeping abreast of developments in educational technology by identifying classroom and web applications that enhance course quality and student engagement.
Enhancing the utilisation of the institutional LMS and other education technologies by :
- Assisting in the design and improvement of course elements for the synchronous and asynchronous classroom.
- Assisting in the establishment and maintenance of digital tools used for teaching and learning, including the institutional LMS.
Requirements Education & Experience Requirements
- Postgraduate degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, or a related field.
- Must have experience with working on a Learning Management System
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with web development
- Prior experience teaching higher education courses will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of building training documented on paper and video is necessary in training instruction.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with academic staff.
- High level of computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office, design software and online educational tools
- Strong time management, ability to work independently on projects and perform under pressure to achieve design target timelines
- Experience conducting research / evaluations, and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Behavioural Competencies
- Alignment to the behaviours as defined by Milpark’s Values (see above)
- Able to work under pressure
- Committed team player and skilled at helping others manage change
- Passionate about education
- Persuasive & assertive
- Professional & reliable
- Service orientated / Customer service focused
- Strong Business Ethics and Ethos
- Ability to listen and communicate (both written and verbal) effectively
- Ability to plan, design, develop, educate and implement
- Possess a high level of attention to accuracy and quality
By submitting your personal information and application you hereby confirm :
- That you have no objection to us reviewing and processing any personal information provided in the course of your application, as well as any information that you have provided in support of your application.
- That you have no objection to us retaining your personal information in our database for future employment opportunities that might arise.
If you would prefer that we do not keep your CV in this manner, please feel
free to contact us at HR milpark.ac.za .
Should you wish to apply via an alternative channel, you may do so by sending your :
application to us via email at HR milpark.ac.za. Please note that your application will only be accepted if the following conditions are met :
- The subject line contains the vacancy reference number as indicated in the advertisement.
- Your email includes your full name, surname and contact details.
- Your CV is attached in pdf. format.
- Applications sent to other email addresses belonging to Milpark will not be considered.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups, and appointments will be made in line with our EE requirements.
Job Closing Date 03 / 01 / 2022 Any problems with registering / uploading your CV, please contact the HR Administrator at HR milpark.ac.za Share on