Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- In collaboration with the other academics and researchers at Stellenbosch, developing projects that leverage 4IR and IoT in the South African context;
- Acquiring industry or government funding to support research projects in order to make the position self-sustaining after three years;
- Coordinating research projects between the various departments in the Faculty of Engineering;
- Coordinating and supporting the School for Data Science and Computational Thinking from the perspective of the Faculty of Engineering;
- Supervising postgraduate students from both E&E; and Industrial Engineering;
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate modules in the field.
- A four-year engineering degree accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) for registration as a professional engineer;
- A relevant PhD in Engineering;
- Experience in smart engineering technologies;
- An established research profile demonstrating significant international recognition;
- An established international publication record;
- Proven cooperation with and/or experience in an industry active in the fields of IoT and/or 4IR;
- Proven track record of fundraising to sustain and advance a research group;
- Proven financial and personnel management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership qualities.
- An established record of postgraduate student supervision on masters and doctoral levels;
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Experience in Data Science, Data Analytics and Big Data;
- An NRF rating as an internationally recognised researcher;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer.