City of Johannesburg
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Responsibility to develop, execute and held accountable for driving consumer marketing strategy including trade and channel requirements on multiple brands, within the South Central Africa region to achieve targeted profit, market share and volume objectives.
Leading the Pernod Ricard SCA Marketing agenda and teams to develop, deliver and execute strong brand plans as localized market initiatives and growth in priority categories across the region.
MARKETING STRATEGY & EXECUTION
A. Develop an understanding of the market and consumers
- Develop and deliver brand focused effective campaigns including Digital based on identified and relevant consumer insights.
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for the portfolio based on consumer insights.
- Utilise industry data to analyse market trends, brand market share, sales data to deliver effective insights on brands.
- Own the understanding of the consumer through Market research undertaken on changing trends in the market
B. Develop brand plans and marketing programmes
- Brand Plan and Strategies developed and localised for the region in collaboration with the support of cross functional teams including SSA and Brand Companies.
- Development and implementation of Four-Year Business Plans, Brand Plans and Brand Reviews.
- Be the advocate for marketing and trade marketing initiatives by gaining endorsement for brand strategies throughout PRSCA
- Deliver sustainable brand strategies that result in achieving volume and equity objectives
- Representative for the region in all BC planning and activities prior to implementation or execution.
C. Execute brand plans and marketing programmes
- Manage and Support 3rd party agencies effectively to deliver quality brand activations by developing agency briefs and quality execution plans across multiple countries.
- Clear internal and external communication plans with all stakeholders to ensure alignment on all plans annually and quarterly.
D. Trade Marketing
- Develop executable below the line activations and own Trade Marketing to deliver value growth to the business.
- Deliver Cycle briefs by quarter with trade marketing to all stakeholders. i.e. trade plans, calendars, incentives etc
- Deliver effective through the line, ATL or BTL Campaigns to time and to budget with clear measurement and evaluation process put in place for all activities.
- Own Digital for the region with clear strategy by brand across all countries and plans for growth.
LEADERSHIP, CROSS FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
A. Cross Functional Team Management and Communication
- Lead the implementation and communication of all brand and trade activations with cross functional teams.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams, senior stakeholders effectively, even at board level. Marketing presence at cross-functional meetings
B. Support Supply Chain Process to deliver on effective stock management
- Lead effectively cross functional stakeholders to deliver clear sales driver plans.
- Support the SCA S&OP; process with clear brand forecasts and activity-based volume plans to deliver on set monthly targets.
C. Collaborate with Media, PR and digital management agencies.
- Develop effective media, PR and digital brand strategies to deliver effective campaigns across SCA to reach the desired consumers.
- Manage effectively the digital agenda for SCA through the Community Managers with clear plans aligned with the regional SSA Digital Strategy and team.
D. Brand Company Management
- Manage the relationship with all brand companies to ensure, effective collaboration with markets on all brand campaigns and key brand initiatives to ensure the right support and investment levels.
E. Collaborate with external agencies
- Develop, grow and build 3rd party partnership capability of the focus brands to ensure excellence in execution.
- Continuous liaison with agencies is ensuring effective advertising and promotional materials including quality POS design, development and execution.
F. Control & Compliance
- Lead and Maintains business critical controls & compliance documentation for the Marketing Function.
FINANCIAL & BUDGET MANAGEMENT
A. Manage costs against approved budget
- Effectively manage budgets to deliver on brand plans with potential areas of saving and optimisation highlighted.
B. Forecast annual operational expenses
- Management and Accountability for forecast, tracking and implementation of Advertising & Promotion spend efficiencies and evaluation across all Brand activities.
- Monthly A&P; and T&E; alignment and reviews with Finance to track spend and approve in line with policy guidelines.
- Grow and Develop a team of Marketing Professional across SCA including Brand Managers, Brand Ambassadors and Community Managers.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree: University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline preferred though not essential.
- Professional experience: 8 to 10 years relevant experience proven and strong in Brand marketing, agency or project management. FMCG experience beneficial. Transversal Experience: Business & Creative / Mkt & Creative
- Strong experience in developing global and/or local marketing campaign
- Global experience (a plus)
Marketing functional skillset
- Creativity (Leading edge)
- Insights into Action (Leading edge)
- Digital Acumen (Leading edge)
- Project Management (Mastery)
- Influencing & Partnering (Mastery)
- Brand portfolio & strategy (Mastery)
- Communication Skills (Mastery)
- Consumer centric content (Mastery)
Leadership Attributes & Competencies
- Nimble learning
- Customer Focus
- Cultivates Innovation
- Tech Savvy
- Drives results
- Plans and aligns
- Instills trust
This job description is a broad reflection of the role and does not attempt to capture all specifics of the position.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :