City of Cape Town
Number 2 in the wine and spirits industry, Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry distributed across 160+ markets including: Absolut Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnesetc… With 8,448M euros of consolidated sales during our last fiscal year, the group is listed in the CAC 40 and today employs close to 19,000 employees.
NOTE: This is a generic job description for Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët Brand Ambassadors. For each new BA job opening, some elements need to be adapted, including Brand Focus,
Profile sharpening depending on key brand focus on the market.
You will represent the (Martell, Mumm, Perrier-Jouët brands on your market for all stakeholders involved: the local Pernod Ricard market company, its sales team, consumers, bartenders, trade, media, …
You will inspire and engage the relevant targets by implementing operationally the marketing & commercial strategy.
Key responsibilities include conducting Brand Education by supporting wine & spirits credentials and business opportunities. It will also include infiltration, engagement and recruit key brand communities in order to win share of mind with key influencers and generate new potential business opportunities. Finally, implementation of all promotional activities & events, amplifying of all activities through social media platforms, and supporting the sales team will be part of your responsibility.
This role will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa in the local Pernod Ricard Market Company. A significant part of the role will be on the field, including evening work and potential travels to other cities within your market.
CORE MISSION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Inspire, Educate and support:
• Pernod Ricard Local Teams (Marketing and Sales), Local Distributor Sales Forces: ensuring deep understanding of the category and brand specificities, increasing wine & spirits credentials, share of mind and engagement for the brand.
• Trade: staff and consumers mentoring for key trade accounts (existing and potential ones), working in conjunction with the local sales and marketing teams.
• Support Sales Teams to develop business and unlock key accounts.
• Influencers: convert influencers (consumers, trade, media, …) to the brand through Education and Tasting.
Key support and referent for marketing, trade marketing and sales team in the day-to-day activities and events:
• Support for all consumer and trade promotional activities: design, coordination, implementation, tracking and evaluation.
• “Brand face & host” during Brand events and dinners.
• Market Intelligence > be the eyes and ears on the market. Investigating and reporting on Key competitor activities / New Products / New Trends.
At the heart of the Advocacy system:
• Developing, building and managing relationships with key influencers (consumers, trade, media, digital influencers) and VVIP’s around the wine & spirits credentials.
• Managing an on-going relationship with key flagship trade partners to deliver incremental business.
• Exploring opportunities amongst identified targeted tribes and HNWI’s.
• Social Media & Digital Content Creation: Contributing to develop the MMPJ brands notoriety and image by feeding key social media platforms according to brand guidelines.
• Amplification: Ensuring events and brand activities promotion and coverage through the presence of digital key influencers (social media, blog, online media, …).
• eCRM: Contributing to the building of the online consumers database so to grow loyalty, advocacy and sales.
• Monthly reporting to complete (including key activities and market intelligence information) and circulate to Local and International Team.
• Provide regular Best Practice sharing and Activity updates on internal Pernod Ricard online networks.
• Marketing Team (operational manager)
• Sales teams
• Customers (On & Off trade) and Final Consumers
• Media and Key influencers
• Market Activation Manager
• Global Ambassadors Manager and support team
• Martell, Mumm, Perrier-Jouët Ambassadors Network
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :