City of Johannesburg
Based in Johannesburg, the Market Activation Manager (MAM) will be taking on 2 main areas of responsibility. Firstly, in collaboration with the local team, they will be coordinating the deployment of communications campaigns and assets that will be developed locally by the Creative Content Manager with whom the MAM will be working closely. As a complement, they will be in charge of adapting (when relevant) and distributing these assets to Feeder markets for local implementation. The MAM will also be the main point of contact for the local marketing teams in SSA. The MAM will directly manage the day to day relationship across the full Chivas Brothers portfolio for South Africa & SSA, under the responsibility of the Marketing Manager,
Portfolio Activation for EMEA. The MAM will therefore partner with the local marketing teams to translate global strategies into effective and efficient marketing plans, coordinating the deployment of global & regional marketing assets in the local markets, and ensure alignment of local initiatives with global platforms.
Coordination of localized communication campaigns and assets
- Partner with local marketing teams (in Drive Markets and Feeder Markets) to build the most effective roll-out plans for localized campaigns.
- Ensure that assets and content created locally are pre-aligned to local media plans.
- Organize distribution of all localized assets to Feeder Markets.
- Lead editing and/or minor technical adaptations aiming at making assets usable in the highest number of Feeder Markets.
- Ensure alignment/compliance of activation (BTL) tools created by the local marketing team as extensions of the local campaigns.
- If local platforms or sponsorships are developed, ensure compliance with global platform.
Implementation of global marketing strategy for Chivas Brothers brands (South Africa + SSA)
- Communicate long term vision and global brand strategies to ensure alignment of local plans.
- Ensure alignment of local brand activities with global guidelines, acting as custodian of global strategies and platforms.
- Align clear annual KPIs with market of responsibility and monitor performances.
- Manage in-market pricing to ensure compliance with global price positioning and floor prices.
- Partner with local team to identify and unlock portfolio growth opportunities
- Build collaborative and effective relationships with key stakeholders in markets of responsibility through strong knowledge of local markets context and business development mindset.
- Lead and manage the agenda, follow-up and key project coordination across the portfolio.
- Coordinate the Chivas Brothers - Market Company interactions, which can include regular business reviews, strategic forums and annual budget alignment.
- Monitor business and brand performance (in collaboration with Strategic & Business Planning)
- IBP (Integrated Business Planning) facilitation and market engagement around brands initiatives, address market questions and requests.
- Broadcast and collect information in relation to Letter of Intentions (LOIs), coordinate logistics issues and enquiries with Customer Service and Brand teams.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in international brand management and/or business development
- Experience in a local market (in marketing or sales function)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong capacity to collaborate, team player with service mindset
- High adaptability and capacity to navigate different cultural contexts and organizations
- Languages: English - strong proficiency in written and verbal communication.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :