City of Cape Town
Cape Town, Western Cape
Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as a Customer Service Technician based in Cape Town
We are looking for a junior level candidate that is eager to get their hands dirty and learn more about InVivo equipment. A bright mind and a positive,
learning attitude will set you apart from other candidates in this role.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will perform mainly pre-defined, technical tasks (for example, basic commissioning of products and systems, integration of components to a system, basic engineering, maintenance jobs) and work packages on-site and remotely.
- You will support customers remotely and onsite, and provide 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- You will coordinate and accomplish defined service operations and/or resolves product issues for customers Digital Imaging equipment.
- You will support in generating sales leads for pre-defined service offers and contribute to planning activities.
- You will adhere to defined processes and applicable regulations.
- will perform any other duties that may reasonably be expected from a Customer Service Technician.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (light current), Clinical Engineering or similar technical qualification
- Minimum of two years of experience in a technical environment.
- You must be able to work overtime during week and weekends as well as on public holidays.
Good to know: You must be available on short notice to travel country wide and to Africa due to operational requirements and on long term projects as well as travel outside of the region to assist nationally.
What else do you need to know?
- This role provides support mainly for the Cape Town region however you may be required to support other regions and countries.
- You need to have a valid South African drivers license and your own vehicle.
- You must not have restrictions to travel within SADC and abroad.
- Must be a South African National, preferably from a designated diversity group
Excellence, Quality and Compliance in the daily interactions, operations and reporting is not a negotiable requirement, but absolutely mandatory for this role.
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time