The role of the Senior Specialist: Technology Security is to drive the delivery of the abovestrategy in the Vodacom Group
Network and Engineering team and monitoring progress against targets set with the primary objective of safeguarding
Vodafone/Vodacom customer data and infrastructure from Cyber Threat Actors.
This role will involve working with stakeholders in Vodacom South Africa to drive out Cyber Security requirements and
baseline requirements in Networks – some requirements may carry over into the Operating Companies to ensure
consistency is applied to the control environment. The role is responsible to guide the efforts ofthe Networks team to
implement day-to-day cyber prevention,
detection and response controls.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Identify key stakeholders and develop and grow relationships and influence to further embed the security requirements in
IT, Networks and Business.
- Understand and research the Cyber threat landscape, trends, regulatory requirements and new technologies.
- Apply best practices in order to provide practical security guidance to stakeholders in the market and that are sensible
and fit for purpose.
- Consulting and engagement with various business units on our Secure By Design process for new and older systems or
applications – including the appropriate risk assessments and penetration tests are conducted.
- Ensure that the process to onboard and adopt the Cyber security capabilities across the networks team is adhered to.
- Provide insights into group and global cyber security solutions are meet local requirements from a functionality, capability
and cost perspective.
- Report on Security Targets for the area and back to stakeholders
- Ensuring all Group initiatives and programs are securely implemented within policy and any risks are actively managed.
The ideal candidate for this role will have :
- Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- 3 year Technical Diploma/ Degree in Information Security, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (communication).
- 5-10 years’ experience in the technology security or IT security function and Matric with 5 years’ experience in
Networking plus a CISSP Certification or CISM Certification is preferable.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an ICT environment specifically pertain ing to Security concepts and technologies -
with Networking Experience being critical. (Defensive and Offensive security, Security Architecture, Application Security,
OWASP, SANS, NIST, ITIL, TO GAF, ISO27001, is essential).
- 2 years’ experience in Fraud / Technical Security / Risk Management is essential.
- 1years’ experience in operational security audits is desirable.
- Knowledge of security domains (access control, network security, operation security, encryption, etc.).
- Knowledge of security concepts and technologies. (Defensive and Offensive security, Security Architecture, Application
Security, PCI DSS, OWASP, SANS, NIS T ,etc.)
- Knowledge of Fraud and Technical Security relations
Closing date for applications: 21 February 2020
The base location for this role is, Midrand, Vodacom Campus
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.