IAIA South Africa
Full Job Description
Company: Digby Wells Environmental
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 15 April 2023
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, organised and detailed to manage a team of environmental compliance and auditing consultants and deliver high quality services to our clients and relevant stakeholders.
- Environmental Compliance and Auditing
- Provide environmental compliance and auditing services.
- Manage an interdisciplinary environmental compliance team to provide audit services in all locations the company operates.
- Serve as an environmental auditor to evaluate diverse facility types for conformance to regulatory standards.
- Act independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary audit team to ascertain compliance and recommend appropriate action to assure compliance and/or return to compliance.
- Report on the findings, recommendations, and corrective actions to mitigate environmental hazards across various environmental sites, including but not limited to, air emissions, potable water, water pollution control, hazardous materials management, solid and hazardous waste management, toxic substances control, etc.
- Effectively project manage the environmental compliance auditing services against legislation applicable to the relevant country.
- Maintain an awareness of applicable in-country legislation and the potential impact on the various projects.
- Ensure the team maintains a high quality standard in the services provided and in the deliverables produced.
- Continuously improve and develop the services offered within the department.
- Carry out field work under strenuous conditions.
- Department Management
- Manage the Recruitment and Selection process for the department in line with your workforce plan.
- Facilitate the appropriate onboarding process for all new employees.
- Manage the performance management and probation processes for the team.
- Provide mentorship and development to the team.
- Reporting on departmental performance at various levels.
- Manage financial expenditure for the department against the budget.
- Effective workload and resource management for the department.
- Ensure that the department achieves revenue targets.
- Train and develop junior staff.
New Business Development
- Develop a business plan for the department which includes services and selling opportunities.
- Act as a key account manager where required,
identifying business opportunities and ensure that a client centric approach is maintained at all times.
- Identify leads within the department and organise, plan and track proposals in response.
- Co-ordinate and submit proposals.
- Carry out legal audits with regards to relevant legislation.
- Compile and write reports for submission to the client and necessary authorities.
- Actively participating in business development and marketing activities.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- Post graduate degree in Environmental Management or similar.
- Project Management Certificate would be beneficial.
- Certified ISO14001 auditor.
- 8-10 years in a similar role specifically within the resources/infrastructure industries.
- Two or more years’ experience managing a small team would be beneficial.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and prepared to obtain other vaccinations that may be required by clients and for travel purposes.
- Prepared to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment.
- Professional Registration would be beneficial (e.g. EAPASA).
- Strong understanding and practical experience with environmental and social legislation.
- Superior ESIA and EMP report writing.
- Proven experience in large Project Managing environmental and social processes.
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement in line with international standards.
- Proven experience in managing a Project team.
- Strong interpersonal skills (build rapport etc.).
- Excellent communication skills (Both verbal and written).
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Superior organisation skills.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally, including the rest of Africa.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Salary: Market Related based on experience.
Contact Person: Bulelwa Tole
Contact Phone No: +27 11 789 9495
Contact Fax No: n/a
Contact Email: [email protected]
Advert end date: 15 April 2023
- Posted today
▶️ Manager: Environmental Compliance and Auditing, South Africa - Permanent
🖊️ IAIA South Africa
📍 South Africa