Philip Morris International
Be a part of a revolutionary change!
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible! We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work.
New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Manager Production Business Unit, you'll lead the production and maintenance operations of the BU in compliance to Sustainability, Quality and Legal requirements. Moreover, you'll ensure full focus on achieving all assigned KPIs linked to SQCDM. You'll be the owner of the BU from standpoint of strategy development, deployment (linked with Site PDCA). You'll also seek opportunities to implement Kaizens in the spirit of continuous improvement. Furthermore, you'll develop and manage an integrated and robust team following principles of OPEN+to step up the team capabilities.
More specifically, you'll
- Ensure compliance to all PMI and Legal standards and directives related to Environment, Health, Safety, Sustainability to prevent personnel, asset or societal loss. Proactively lead the BU safety to ensure hazard reporting, completion of risk assessments for all tasks and implementation of mitigation measures to reduce/eliminate risks are timely done and kept updated. Play a lead role to encourage behavior safety and mindset by demonstrating consistent behaviors and lead by example. Ensure incident reporting is timely done and own the incident investigation and corrective actions to prevent recurrence. Ensure awareness of rules, principles and policies to all employees and contractors working in the BU. Hold a high level of self and others accountability towards safety. Ensure execution of Open+ tools, teams engagement and participation to Sustainability programs. Promptly report waste segregation and any environmental pollution (noise becoming higher, dust, waste, etc.)
- Ensure compliance to all PMI and Legal standards and directives related to Quality of incoming materials, SFGs and FGs in line with the QMS. Proactively lead the quality program of the BU to prevent quality incidents, reduction and elimination of non conformities in the process and product integrity. Monitor, report and track trends of all quality leading and lagging critical metrics. Ensure CAPAs are timely completed with good quality actions to prevent recurrence. Demonstrate a high customer/consumer centric mindset. Ensure awareness of QMS rules, policies and principles to all employees. Ensure quality audits and trainings are conducted as per defined plans.
- Lead the compliance to production plans of BU with high equipment uptime to ensure reliability in operation. Together with site scheduler, ensure alignment of all requirements related to production: manpower requirements, materials availability, trial slots, maintenance slots, installation/projects on LUs and new product launches. Lead the DDS to ensure timely triggers and corrective actions are closed to improve equipment reliability, reduce minor stops and improve MTBF.
- Lead the BU budget preparation in line with strategy, ensure tracking and compliance to committed OB numbers. Ensure focus on delivering BU productivity targets by eliminating losses in processes related to uptime, DIM Waste, Yield, Overtime, R&M;, utilities and environment. Encourage a mindset of continuous improvement in the team to seek and implement kaizens to save time, resource and money.
- Ensure the development of a top performing, coherent team aligned to the site vision, mission and OGSM. Ensure clarity of purpose through deployment of the BU PDCA in line with Site PDCA. Regularly review actions from 90 days plans to ensure compliance. Focus on upskilling the team through capability building in line with OPEN+ principles. Build effective networks relationships within BU and other key partners across the business in order to achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Lead responsibilities as a Pillar Leader/Pillar Member of the assigned pillar. Develop the full year pillar plan aligned with OPEN+ Phase journey. Lead pillar reviews as per defined frequency. Actively lead pillar trainings, audits and ensures self and team capability based on step-up cards.
Who we’re looking for
- University Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Management, Operations Management or equivalent qualification. Post graduate qualification advantageous.
- Proven track record in manufacturing area within FMCG, pharmaceutical or similar industry in a leadership role.
- Proficiency in MS Office package: Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in KPI tracking and monitoring, Lean manufacturing, Production Planning, Maintenance Process and Process improvement
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Preference will be given to EE candidates.