City of Johannesburg
Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Inventory Ops Manager to join our team in Johannesburg.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won't get bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This role requires a highly analytical, talented self-starter with a solid understanding of data and Inventory Management strategies to maximize customer experience, sales, margin and turns, as well as end to end business ownership of all supply chain processes.
The position reports to the Inventory Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To plan and manage all activities within the Inventory department and to ensure that the integrity of the DC's Inventory is at acceptable standard
- Ensure that daily duties are executed according to the companies laid downs Policies & Procedures and that all general rules are in place and followed within own area of responsibility
- To participate in shrinkage action plans to combat a minimized shrinkage result and provide insight into main shrinkage drivers.
- To implement and execute the stock 'Let Down' plan and process, verification and counting of pick-slots and let down quantities
- Play an integral role in the coordinated flow of stock from inbound and returns.
- Play an integral role in the coordinated flow of stock to outbound through the Picking Department.
- To optimize services and to reduce costs by ensuring acceptable performance standards and to minimize damages and shrinkage
- Participation in the stock take preparations & execution
- Continuous interaction with co-workers and subordinates to ensure that deadlines and goals are achieved
- Performing routine audits of data integrity by checking physical stock items & comparing it to systems and review operational processes accuracy
- Responsible to align full operational flow across all departments with data accuracy issues.
- Responsible for all Data Maintenance on stock holding & understanding internal DC processes
- Warehouse space utilisation accuracy
- Assist operations with good system practice & change management.
- To maintain a neat and clean work environment.
Qualifications and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience within DC operations
- Previous experience with WMS systems, Microsoft Office
- Full understanding of data integrity, revision on daily exceptions
- Manage execution & results
- Excellent ability to manage internal communication
- Own transport - preferred
- Must be hands on and have a preventative mindset
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Strong organizational & prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Be able to work in a pressured environment.
- Be able to complete tasks quickly & efficiently.
- Be willing to go the extra mile
We seek to employ Extraordinary Minds, people who are:
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute;
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume;
- Technical knowledge;
- Competitive. Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work. This does not happen only in business hours…..
- Hands on and action orientated;
- Curious. Always questioning the status quo;
- Not averse to risk;
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative;
- User focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective;
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
Are you an Extraordinary Mind? if so, come and join us!
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We love what we do and what we are creating