Moving Heads Personnel CC
City of Johannesburg
Product Development Specialist
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- The role will be limited to Funeral products, Savings products (including RA) and non-funeral related Risk products and any other products management might allocate to the role.
- Product design and product pricing to assist with the approval of new products, including Prophet coding / modelling
- Provide support to the system development team in implementing new products and other required changes on the admin system.
- Develop and maintain strong and supportive relationship with distribution channel heads, product houses and any other stakeholders with a view to assist in their efforts to meet business objectives.
- Perform and Interpret experience investigations and product management exercises to inform and/or influence business decisions.
- Provide ongoing Actuarial/technical support to the rest of business through, but not limited to
- Model building to assist broader business decision making.
- Setting up management tools for assessing viability and ongoing suitability of products.
- Assisting Business Development projects, regulatory impacts on the business and ad-hoc projects.
- Provide effective management and leadership to the direct reports.
- Actuarial Degree
- At least 5 years Actuarial working experience.
- Good progress with Actuarial exams. Preferably, CT equivalent exams complete
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Relevant experience in Life Insurance will be required.
- Knowledge of Prophet and DCS will be a prerequisite.
- Product development experience will be an advantage.
- People management skills.