The primary responsibilities of the Medical Services, Sr. Specialist is to triage and respond to all inquiries received through different channels from healthcare providers and other external stakeholders, and manage the processes related to promotional review ensuring the highest standards in medical communications.
- Manage all the processes related to promotional material review and approval (i.e. review flows, priorities, outsourcing, metrics, SOP, implementation of regional initiatives).
- Be knowledgeable of the different regulations and laws governing promotional materials in the country.
- Ensure that medical review of materials is completed with accuracy and in a timely manner, meetingcompany policies and country regulations prior to public release.
- Provide compliance leadership and training to country staff.
- Respond to or triage unsolicited on-label and off-label inquiries received from healthcare providers and other external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that responses to medical inquiries are high-quality professional communications.
- Set-up standardized answers for frequently asked questions or routine requests, in collaboration with Medical Advisors and Medical Science Liaisons.
- Research, assess, and compile responses from published and unpublished literature to create clinical support in a fair, balanced, and scientifically accurate format.
- Report adverse events and product quality complaints to the appropriate departments.
DPOC (Designated Point of Contact) Process Management
- Ensure receipt, classification, and appropriate routing of product inquiries for further processing to meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Assure DPOC database is accurately maintained.
- Generate and report DPOC monthly key performance metrics.
- Identify gaps within the medical information process and provide rapid resolution.
- Support and train Medical Advisors/Medical Science Liaison and other staff in the management of DPOC/medical information requests.
Qualification, Skills & Experience
- MD, PhD, Pharm D or other relevant life sciences degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical experience.
- High level of scientific and ethical integrity.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening and probing skills, across a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills and ability to function within a team environment.
- Understanding of core systems, tools, and metrics related to medical literature.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English.
Preferred: · Strong scientific baseline knowledge in assigned therapeutic area(s).
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: