City of Johannesburg
INSURANCE CONSULTANT (SALES) X2
JG10 What will you do?
The insurance consultant role is focused on providing an end-to-end service and support to brokers.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE?
This role is focused on, but not limited to; servicing broker requests, including enquiries.
- Dealing with Sales aspects on prospective policies, including; new quotations, amendments on quotation and follow-ups
- Providing telephonic/ email support to the intermediary on record, authorised representatives from the brokerage, and broker services;
- Dealing with general insurance and policy specific enquiries;
- Dealing with issuance of new policies/ policy maintenance/ renewal aspects of policies;
- Assisting to resolve all insurance queries within required timeframe and compliance requirements;
- Undertaking client follow-ups when policies are cancelled to ascertain the reasons and attempt to retain the policy onto books;
- Undertaking to adjust premiums in line with new asset values;
- Managing client expectation on expected turnaround times for submitted requests;
- Adhering to underwriting criteria and regional requirements;
- Assist with profiling the client with the best suitable product and underwriting criteria;
- Advising brokers to ensure that we meet with clients’ needs in terms of the correct cover and product;
- Assisting in implementing solutions for improvement; and
- Standing in for Consultants should they be absent or on leave during busy periods or absence of key resources, assisting where required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric/ Grade 12
- 60 commercial lines FAIS credits
- A relevant insurance related qualification (e.g. NQF lev 5) would be advantageous
- Proven work experience in commercial, agriculture policy administration and underwriting within the short-term insurance industry
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in short term insurance commercial lines and/or Agri assets
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborating with internal colleagues and external stakeholders/clients
- Ensure adherence to quality, compliance and accreditation standards
- Conduct efficient administration
- Optimising work processes
- Team Support
- Customer Service
- Communicates effectively
- Situational Adaptability
- Action Oriented Turnaround time
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Closing Date 27 November 2020 Our commitment to transformation
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.