20 Nov '20
Inventory Operations Manager (JHB)
Transport / Logistics / Freight / Aviation, South Africa - Gauteng JHB - East Rand
R 20 000 - R 30 000 Monthly
Distribution Centre of a major retailer seeks an Inventory Operations Manager who will report to the General Manager.
- To plan and manage all activities within the Inventory department and to ensure that the integrity of the DC’s Inventory is at an acceptable standard
- Ensure that daily duties are executed according to the companies laid downs Policies & Procedures and that all general rules are in place and followed within own area of responsibility
- To participate in shrinkage action plans to combat a minimized shrinkage result and provide insight into main shrinkage drivers.
- To implement and execute the stock ‘Let Down’ plan and process, verification and counting of pick-slots and let down quantities
- Play an integral role in the coordinated flow of stock from inbound and returns.
- Play an integral role in the coordinated flow of stock to outbound through the Picking Department.
- To optimize services and to reduce costs by ensuring acceptable performance standards and to minimize damages and shrinkage
- Participation in the stock take preparations & execution
- Continuous interaction with co-workers and subordinates to ensure that deadlines and goals are achieved
- Performing routine audits of data integrity by checking physical stock items & comparing it to systems and review operational processes accuracy
- Responsible to align full operational flow across all departments with data accuracy issues.
- Responsible for all Data Maintenance on stock holding & understanding internal DC processes
- Warehouse space utilization accuracy
- Assist operations with good system practice & change management.
- To maintain a neat and clean work environment.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within DC operations
- Previous experience with WMS systems, Microsoft Office
- Full understanding of data integrity, revision on daily exceptions
- Manage execution & results
- Excellent ability to manage internal communication
- Own transport -preferred
- Must be hands-on and have a preventative mindset
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Strong organizational & prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Be able to work in a pressured environment.
- Be able to complete tasks quickly & efficiently.
- Be willing to go the extra mile
Ad Visible Until: 30 December 2020
Vacancy Type: Permanent