Amazon Web Services SA Pvt Ltd
City of Johannesburg
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The right person will be technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large financial services IT environments
- Extensive Financial Services experience required, either in business development, strategy, operations, product development or enterprise solution selling
- Previous roles at financial institutions, either in technology or business roles, will be an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners and ISVs.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Worldwide Financial Services team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager and Go To Market Specialist to join a fast-paced team and help drive AWS adoption in South Africa. As the Financial Services Go To Market Lead for South Africa, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with C-level executives and influencers at all levels. You will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with financial institutions of all sizes across all market segments, from FinTech startups to the largest banks, insurers, broker-dealers and exchange groups in the world. You will help further establishing AWS as the leader in Financial Services in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Responsibilities will include help driving top line revenue growth and overall end-customer adoption across the Financial Services industry in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. You will help AWS Financial Services field teams across all segments to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects and customers. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Security, and Compliance to develop and promote cloud best-practices in areas such as data security and regulatory compliance. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development and Financial Services background, with significant experience in South Africa. Experience of serving in senior roles at a large financial institution will be a clear advantage. The candidate should have demonstrated experience engaging senior-level executives in past roles and a credible understanding of the overall Financial Services landscape in South and Sub-Saharan Africa. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to help drive tactical execution of business development goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS marketing, business development, and technical strategies for the financial services industry
- Define and size business development segments, identify key financial services customers, and identify industry partners including ISVs/solution providers and system integrators
- Help to create strategic business development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS strategic direction
- Develop industry-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AWS value proposition for enterprise cloud computing, including datacenter-to-cloud extension and migration.
- Implement the strategic business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including business development teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams
- Fill the business development pipeline by liaising with prospects, partners, and key customers
- Understand the unique technical requirements of financial services customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of AWS product offerings for AWS's largest and most complex customers
- Understand and exploit the use of internal Amazon systems for campaign tracking and pipeline management
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new enterprise customers
- Help manage complex enterprise contract negotiations, in cooperation with AWS legal and professional services teams
Travel may be required for this role, up to 50%.
- Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is highly desired, including: data managament and systems, business applications, infrastructure architecture, etc. with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
- Practical understanding of how IT systems, technologies and business processes are linked
- Understanding of AWS; cloud computing; cloud economics; IT total cost of ownership; data center economics are an advantage
- IT or management consultancy experience, including proven experience in engaging CxO level stakeholders at financial institutions
- Master’s degree in business, finance, economics, or economic development
- Track record of consistently exceeding performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive successful broad scale programs