City of Cape Town
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Promotions Operations Manager to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Head of Promotions and Merchandising.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The Promotions Operations Manager leads a team of administrative assistants
- Strengthens processes and procedures to ensure the successful execution of promotional campaigns and works closely with the Head of Promotions and Merchandising to report performance of all campaigns.
- Building a promotional calendar using data and input from Curators and Retail/Marketplace teams
- Ensuring the successful execution of daily deals and promotional campaigns on site
- The day-to-day management of internal tools & processes used for briefing promotions, solving operational issues as and when they occur.
- Feedback to products teams on tools and required improvements
- Analyse and report key metrics: sales, conversion, sell-through & new customer acquisition.
- Ad hoc investigation and tactical planning to drive success of promotions.
- Occasionally will be required to be contactable over weekends and after hours.
- Develop & manage a team of promotions assistants who provide the operational support of the Retail and Marketplace teams.
- Working with Marketing on design of promotional creatives and above the line executions.
- Working with Supply Chain and Customer Support teams where needed.
- Strong attention to detail
- Data-driven decision making
- Strong project management skills
- Team player with bias to action
- Strong problem solving capability
- Able to create and optimise operational processes
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Strong competence in Excel
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind, so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference