- To proactively promote a relationship based offering through a primary point of contact, this meets client expectations by providing personalised financial solutions in line with the Value Proposition.
- To provide a competent relationship based offering to a Sub-Segment within the Private Banking Segment, that provides highly responsive and pro-active financial and business solutions, focused on the managing and building of wealth, in partnership with small business owners supported by expertise of specialists.
- To maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards
Service and Retention
- Establishes and builds one-on-one relationships with customers, based on mutual respect, in assigned portfolio by delivering the expected level of service, specifically focusing on a pro-active contact (calling) strategy and programme.
- Ensures successful retention of existing customers in assigned portfolio by strengthening and expanding relationships. This is achieved by thoroughly understanding the customer, servicing the customer’s business and personal financial needs and focusing on the management of key accounts.
- Interacts and builds relationships with Business Banking Account Executive’s and (CIB) Corporate and Investment Banking Relationship Managers, in order to provide a seamless solution to the client’s banking requirements.
- Assists with related queries where possible, and facilitate when specialist advice is required by referring to Business Banking or CIB.
- Manages the “Cost of Sales” through evaluation of margins, cost of service and utilisation of the multi-channel delivery strategies, such as actively managing customer migration onto electronic banking channels. Manage customer migration between segments and sub-segments of Private Banking.
- Actively ensures that customers are migrated to the correct sub-segment, as per the Value Propositions where appropriate.
- Effectively attends to and monitors customer complaints on portfolio, identifies root causes and addresses at source, to prevent recurrence
- Communicates new product information to all customers.
Profitable Growth and Portfolio Sales
- Acquires new business for the Executive Sub-Segment market in line with the Customer Value Proposition segment income specifications, acquisition targets and/ or segment strategy to increase market share and specific sales strategies.
- Maximises bank profitability and ensures value add to customers through cross-selling specifically focusing on wealth and lending opportunities.
- Joins and supports business organisations that will assist in the acquisition of appropriate customers.
- Measures, tracks and manages sales targets and budgets for portfolio.
- Manages work list queues to ensure items are actioned within agreed timelines, and/or re-assign staff to different queues to ensure work completed within agreed timelines
- Ensures staff are appropriately reflected on the organisation structure for distribution of work items to the correct staff/teams
- Monitors and manages the performance of team members, as it relates to Leads, Queries and Complaints management.
- Coaches staff on the required behaviours to support Customer 1st tool.
- Structures credit applications effectively, focusing on high quality motivations.
- Advises customers on lending product selection, by recommending products to meet their specific needs.
- Fulfills a training/coaching role through upskilling the Transactional Banker’s regarding their credit knowledge.
- Restructures debt for efficiencies through debt consolidation, thereby bringing a customer’s asset base under one roof.
- Establishes a sound working relationship with Credit, to ensure prompt turnaround times, accuracy and deadlines are strictly adhered to
- Manages the timeous completion of annual credit reviews on the portfolio.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Complete all compliance training within laid down timelines.
- Ensures complete disclosure to clients in terms of accreditation, service fees and commission, in terms of Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS)
- Ensures that procedures laid down in Group Reference Guide are adhered to and, where flexibility needs to be exercised, that the necessary dispensation is held
- Ensures Code of Banking Practice is adhered to.
- Maintains information on Security and access control system (SACS) for the relevant private banking suite as per laid down procedure (if applicable).
- Complete subpoena / court order tracking sheet when documents are received and forward to Transactional Banker for execution (Submit to Group Legal: Legal Advisory Services (LAS).
- Ensures that the Transactional Banker has sent through the relevant documents to Group Legal through regular follow ups.
- Responsible to sign all Affidavits before leaving the Branch.
- Responsible for inspiring, motivating, leading and managing the team.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Ensure 100% compliance training for all staff.
- Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Creates an environment in which learning and development are emphasised and valued.
- Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
- Promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are seen to be ‘alive’
- Ensures the implementation of the leadership promise and employee engagement programme.
- Encourages team members to express their views, resolves issues raised by the team, escalates issues if required, and provides feedback to teams on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and maintains an open communication channel with direct reports and supports staff to foster greater co-operation and teamwork.
- Monitors and manages the performance and development of staff within the area. This includes regular one-on-one feedback sessions, conducting mid-year and final performance appraisals, as well as the moderation and relative distribution of all appraisals for the team.
- Fosters the transformation of the workplace and supports business in the achievement of the undertakings in the transformation scorecard, with specific attention to attaining the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) targets for Standard Bank by 2016.
- Ensures staff are appropriately and consistently rewarded and recognised for their achievements and outputs.
- Ensures that disciplinary action and grievances are addressed and aligned to the Standard Bank policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the administration regarding staff changes for e.g. Personnel Record Update (PRU’s) are actioned for the relevant department.
- Achievement of the Customer Satisfaction Target.
- Achievement of Customer1st target by logging 100% of queries and complaints
- Achievement of the Retention Target
- Achievement of all set Revenue targets Operating Income, Net Interest Income, Non Interest Revenue, Assets and Liabilities growth, costs and Impairments as per monthly income statement.
- Achieve (100%) of all Sales Target.
- Achieve a Satisfactory Operational Risk assessment and GIA.
- Achieves 100% legislative compliance
- FAIS Accreditation
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Diploma in Business Commerce
The Academy of Financial Markets qualification (needs to be completed over a period of 2 years from the date of appointment to this role of Private Banker)
3 - 4 years Branch banking experience, with exposure to telling, enquiries, service, BDC/Forex, assets and overall customer service.
Application and Submission Verification
Product Related Systems
Customer Acceptance and Review
Banking Process and Procedures
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]