- To support the Account Executive with the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the allocated portfolio.
- To provide an overall administrative and credit management responsibility for the portfolio.
- To ensure that all compliance requirements within the Portfolio are met.
- To act as a central office-bound contact point for the customer providing sales and service fulfilment.
- To support the Account Executive in meeting sales and service targets within their respective portfolios.
- Complete all compliance training within laid down timelines.
- Serves as a secondary point of contact for all customers within the portfolio.
- Performs a liaison role between the customer and all other internal support divisions of the Bank.
- Assists customers with general account management.
- Responsible for query and complaints management relating to the portfolio.
- Ensures that customer service expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Ensures that all new service requests (queries and complaints) are logged correctly, as either a “first contact resolution” or “non first contact resolution” as appropriate.
- Ensures that service requests in personal work list are actioned within agreed timelines.
Lending & Risk Management
- Interprets business and financial information to prepare and motivate credit applications in line with credit requirements.
- Assists the Account Executive in preparing Business Approval Committee (BAC) papers when applicable.
- Originates all requests of a credit or collateral nature on behalf of the customer, in consultation with the Account Executive.
- Interacts with customers to obtain and analyse financial material, (i.e., debtors lists, management accounts, cash flow budgets), in terms of agreed covenants (as required for portfolio management).
- Monitors daily excesses to ensure that customer facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit.
- Manages the credit limits (i.e. ensuring that limits are timeously renewed) (portfolio management).
- Accurately and efficiently collates and checks collateral documentation and mandates for banking facilities.
- Manages the timeous regularisation of facilities letters.
- Manages the timeous regularisation of conditions of approval.
- Ensures the timeous completion of all reviews.
- Actions internal reports as per laid down procedure.
- Accurately updates and maintains customer information on all systems.
- Ensures accurate completion of opening documentation of accounts.
- Responsible for opportunity and pipeline management on e3.
- Responsible for capturing of call reports on e3.
Transaction-Led Customer Acquisition Support
- Investigates and interrogates customer’s portfolio data to identify sales opportunities in support of the overall sales strategy of the segment.
- Explains and promotes additional value-adding solutions to existing customers when necessary.
- Efficiently processes documentation related to the sales fulfilment.
- Provides support to the Account Executive in completing the customer value chain analysis.
- Ensures that all leads are logged correctly in the presence of the customer and ensures cross selling opportunities are identified.
- Identifies and actions opportunities for cross- and up-sell.
- Identifies migration opportunities and sells products/services reactively.
- Ensures accurate capture, updates or amendments of customer information and history notes.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensures compliance with general banking and credit policies and procedures.
- Supports the implementation of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) to ensure adherence to record-keeping requirements.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable legislative requirements (e.g., National Credit Act, Consumer Protection Act, etc.).
- Ensures adherence to all regulatory and compliance risk requirements.
- Maintains information on Security and access control system (SACS) for the relevant business centre as per laid down procedure (if applicable).
Key Performance Measures
- Achievement of Net Promoter Score (NPS) targets
- Satisfactory risk and compliance audit results
- Positive stakeholder feedback
- Achievement of efficiency and effectiveness targets
- Achievement of all migration targets
- Effective change management and adoption of projects and initiatives
- Number of queries and complaints logged effectively and correctly.
- Number of leads submitted resulting in a sales conversion.
- Number of cross selling opportunities identified resulting in sales conversion.
- Number of leads logged in originating branch vs. sales conversion in concluding branch
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Business Related Degree
2 years’ experience as an Account Analyst or Business Banker to gain exposure to lending principles and customer servicing.
Experience in a back-office Account Support or Customer Service Support role to understand how to deal with the customer as well as to understand how to process customer queries and requests.
Experience in Credit or Retail Credit Collections as an Analyst: Credit responsible for assessing credit applications.
- Knowledge of general banking practices, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Business Banking transactions.
- Knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data.
- Knowledge of standardised personal and business banking products and pricing.
- Knowledge and awareness of foreign exchange options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
- Knowledge of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on the agricultural market (if there are AgriBusiness customers in the portfolio).
- Knowledge of credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, collateral and balance sheet requirements, as well as a good knowledge of behavioural scoring.
- Knowledge of the BDS/e3 system to capture and access customer account information.
- Knowledge of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the Business Banking and the legislative restrictions and requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
- Knowledge of the Companies Act and the Companies and Intellectual Properties Registration Act (CIPRA) for correct documentation and mandate preparation purposes.
- Knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS) and the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA).
- Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access and look up relevant information.
- Understanding and support of the bank’s multi-channel environment.
- Credit assessment skills
- Business acumen
- Numerical skills and financial acumen
- Computer literate
- Negotiation skills
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]