City of Johannesburg
Munich Reinsurance Company of Africa Limited (MRoA) has been operating in South Africa for over 50 years, although the Munich Re (Group) was active on the Continent via Munich Re in Munich for some years prior to commencing the Southern African operation in Johannesburg in 1968. The Head Office of MRoA is in Johannesburg, with a client service Life office situated in Cape Town.
This position bears responsibility for:
- Providing technical support to the Life Business in South Africa and our rest of Africa portfolio
- Providing technical support quotes for group, credit life and funeral business
- Conducting ad hoc investigations into drivers of group experience
- Maintaining the highest standard of technical competence & ensuring pricing guidelines are followed
- Supporting life client management strategy – accompanying client managers as functional experts and delivering technical presentations to clients
- Supporting overall Life Business strategy & risk management function
- Liaise with technical pricing, basis development and valuations on research areas
- Strong analytical skills, statistical skills and attention to detail
- An understanding and application of predictive analytic techniques
- Ability to multi-task wide range of deliverables
- Good verbal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent programming skills in actuarial/statistical programming languages
- SQL Server
- R/Python or any relevant software programme
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong programming and modelling experience
- 2+ years relevant group experience in Life reinsurance or insurance business
- Product development & pricing experience with sound technical understanding of life insurance dynamics
- A good progress with actuarial exams with a minimum of 5 CT actuarial exams, studying towards becoming an actuary
Experience and Skills:
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in a technical and non-technical manner and at all levels
- Attention to detail
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
Kindly apply for this position by using the on-line application form or for any queries e-mail your application to the Recruiter : Thadusha Pillay, [email protected]
This position will be based in Johannesburg.
Closing date for this vacancy is 04th December 2020.