20 Nov '20
Automation Technician (JHB)
Engineering / Technical / Production / Manufacturing / Motor, South Africa - Gauteng JHB - East Rand
R 35 000 - R 40 000 Monthly
Major retailer seeks an Automation Technician within their large Distribution Centre to ensure that all equipment is operating at optimum efficiency levels.
- Ensure that all equipment is operating in design specification parameters to eliminate downtime effective implementation and execution of the equipment preventative maintenance system
- Ensure maximum line efficiency, throughput rate, maximize uptime, and effectively manage critical spares as required for DC to actively ensure correct spares holding and minimize cost and downtime.
- Effective planning, including timeous spares procurement for planned repairs and breakdown repairs.
- Best maintenance practices for both the engineering & operational running of lines, including the training and transfer of skills
- Support implementation of projects, active execution and support of continuous improvement projects to support the warehouse drive to improve quality, throughput whilst minimizing cost.
- Execution of and contribution to the safety system
- Execution of and adherence to all safety requirements, inspection, and repairs as and when required
- Manage and execute maintenance in line with the planned maintenance schedule.
- Perform routine diagnostic on automated systems, monitor automated systems, isolate problems, and perform repairs.
- Be able to troubleshoot issues and determine the source of the problem i.e. mechanical, electrical, or from the system controlling the process etc.
- Effective communication with key service providers locally and internationally (Knapp Hotline)
- Asset management & Tracking i.e. Tools, Spares etc
- Grade 12, Math's & Science
- Electronics Technician / Electrician light current / Millwright Red Seal (N3 upwards)
- Preferable wireman's license and experience of OHS systems.
- PLC, networking, industrial PC and or communication systems experience.
- Pneumatics, Basic hydraulics, basic mechanics
- Working experience on conveyor systems will be advantageous.
- Preventative maintenance environment.
- At least 3 or more years of related work and knowledge
- Must be hands-on and have a preventative mindset
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Strong organizational & prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Be able to work in a pressured environment.
- Be able to complete tasks quickly & efficiently.
- Be willing to go the extra mile
Ad Visible Until: 20 December 2020
Vacancy Type: Permanent