City of Cape Town
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a Advertising Manager to join our Takealot Group Advertising team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Business Development.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Achieve the business advertising sales targets by growing and managing a sales and support team:
- Set up and manage an advertising sales, product and campaign coordination team
- Manage and mentor team members to achieve these objectives
- Ensure incremental advertising sales targets are met whilst improving processes and efficiencies
- Manage the advertising campaign calendar to ensure inventory is sold effectively and that advertising revenue opportunities are maximized
- Oversee the design and costing of large/high value campaigns that require customization by consulting with senior executives across the group
- Own, update and maintain the Takealot Advertising Rate Card
- Engage in executive level discussions with brands and agencies to unlock key advertising opportunities for the Takealot Group
2. Establish and professionalize the advertising sales function in Takealot:
- Put in place the reporting and tools (with support of Product) necessary to effectively run a sales function in Takealot
- Ensure that effective processes are in place for tracking and reporting on outcomes against success metrics
- Maximize the value and benefit from existing advertising tools and products
- Work with the Advertising Product Team product to build and commercialize bespoke advertising solutions. Ensure all business requirements are input into design and post implementation of new tools
3. Manage the interrelationships between Divisions (Marketing; Merchandising and Product) to effectively manage the advertising sales function
4. Make a contribution to the strategic development of the Advertising function within Takealot Group
- Ability to build a new sales function from the ground up
- Ability to identify key advertising opportunities and translate these into implementable plans
- Motivated and capable to focus on and hit aggressive growth targets
- Highly proficient commercial management skill set; with a sales focus
- Ability to manage a sales and support team
- Ability to influence teams across various business units
- In-depth understanding of the advertising sales and tools
- Skilled in managing high-value accounts and managing relationships at an executive level
- Strong prioritization skills
- Fast learner and ability to thrive in a dynamic and high pace environment
- Systems thinker with the ability to understand and break down complex problems and relationships
- Creative and practical problem solving skills; solution-oriented
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work independently and achieve a wide set of goals and objectives in a challenging and changing environment
- Resilience and perseverance to overcome challenges to achieve objectives
- A high level of integrity and respect
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor's and preferably a Postgraduate degree
- A candidate with a proven track record of success in their academic achievements and career
- 5 years' experience in a strategic and/or commercial role (e.g. in e-commerce, consulting, engineering, marketing, advertising)
- Proven track record of delivering projects
- Experience in an e-commerce environment
- Preferably 2 years' experience managing a team
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all. We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to employ Extraordinary Minds, people who are:
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume
- Competitive. Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work. This does not happen only in business hours
- Curious. Always questioning the status quo
- Not averse to risk
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative
- User focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference