IQbusiness South Africa
City of Johannesburg
The purpose of the position is to lead, manage, coordinate and facilitate the delivery of business value, through the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closeout of projects, on behalf of the Company and/or its clients, in alignment with industry best practice, client methodology requirements, and the Company’s commitment to Delivery Excellence.
We are looking for somebody who is a delivery leader and able to use exposure to various methodologies to think strategically and ensure value add to customers whilst creating, supporting and managing high performing teams. The role requires awareness of People, Process and Technology impacts and interactions as a result of change.
Your previous experience with cloud infrastructure, project delivery management, system integration and managing customer relationships will play an important part in your day to day work driving success at our most critical customers.
Key Responsibilities And/or Outputs
Overall responsibility for designing and executing a cloud migration strategy solution with our client, cross-service teams, and third-party partners.
The Cloud Migration Project Manager works closely with IT consultants, cloud solution architects and cloud engineers in translating IT strategic goals, roadmaps, and business requirements into future state architectures designed to leverage the cutting-edge functionality delivered through commercial and private cloud service providers.
The Cloud Migration Project Manager will understand the adoption challenges in migrating on-premise infrastructure and application portfolios and will be able to bridge the gaps during the migration strategy design process.
The ideal candidate will have an established background in traditional hosted, or outsourced, transition projects for n-tier enterprise architectures. He/she will be able to direct project managers and technical resources and will have experience using project management tools (e.g., MS Project, MS Visio), templates and processes to manage the delivery of cloud migration program/projects
- Qualifications in Project Management: PRINCE2, PMBOK, Agile, SAFE
- Degree or Diploma in Business Management, Computer Science, Business Science or Engineering would be advantageous
- Cloud (Azure/AWS) certifications beneficial
- Minimum of 6 years’ solid Project Management experience, preferably managing IT projects
- Experience in running projects using Agile, alternative delivery methodologies, scaling frameworks, and PMO structures and functions
- 3+ years of recent experience in Cloud and IT transition, transformation, and migration management, preferably with mass migrations technology
- 3 or more years’ experience managing multiple teams across multiple projects
- Good understanding and previous experience of working in a consulting, implementation and outsourcing services organisation
- Understand modern application development practices – DevSecOps, Cloud, Micro-services
- System/Application Integration background
- Experience in a Cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Salesforce, IBM, Azure, Oracle, Microsoft)