Fresenius Medical Care South Africa (Pty
Fresenius Medical Care is the world’s leading provider of products and services by offering innovative products and treatment concepts of the highest quality.
We continuously want to improve the quality of life for our 350.000 dialysis patients, worldwide and every day.
In this position you will be responsible for managing our Technical Operations South Africa and SSA countries. You will have 6 direct reports and will be responsible for roughly 35 employees.
You will report into GM & Head of Region Hub SSA. As Head of Technical Operations you will be responsible for Technical Operations, Training, Repair shop and Fluid Quality.
Your goal is to achieve a best in class Service Delivery at the right quality, capacity, and cost.
Lead cross functional management and development of the Technical operations through efficient and effective employee management, organization, technology, planning, controlling, work processes in full compliance with regulations, laws, and Fresenius Medical Care (FME) corporate standards.
- Identifies and drives changes in a future-oriented, solution-oriented and proactive manner
- Ensures a strong and motivated team by driving the alignment between the team members, both administrative and technical, and the company targets, setting and monitoring of such
- To promote 5S principles and standards and to continually appraise methods of working to produce greater efficiency, reduce cost and eliminate waste, strive for World Class
- To promote an efficient culture and ensure that all communication tools are utilised to be best in class
- Drives people development by identifying and coaching talents and ensuring a transparent and participative communication style, ensures a talent pipeline for the future
- Demonstrates actively and pragmatically holistic leadership principles
- Encourages and develops a culture of engagement, enablement and empowerment whilst holding team members accountable
- Creates and supports a culture of problem solving and innovation
Local Management and Steering
- To own and control the departmental complaints process ensuring that all systems and reporting requirements are achieved in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure transparency on cost structure
- Ensure cover at all times in the periods of absence and allocation of responsibilities to deputies as required
- Project-support of projects of Technical Operations Regional Hub SSA
- Supports order clarification and project analysis and definition
- Oversees all project plans,
resources and capacity planning of project teams and ensures an overall linkage between the different projects and services
- Ensure that any and all SOP’s relative to the role are followed and maintained up to date
- Establish suitable Key Performance Indicators to monitor process performance and manage value added to the business
- Uses the performance management process to support a culture of engagement and empowerment
- Drive permanent improvements to adapt Technical Operations alongside business needs
- Implementation of SOP’s and processes by ensuring integration of SOP’s and processes into training material
- Translate and implement HQ process governance into local organization
- Planning of rollouts of infrastructure application, upgrades and updates
- Build up interfaces to other country organizations and HQ and share best practices which are applicable for the country organization
- Interact with the relevant business teams, having a full understanding of the regional and company objectives
- To maintain good working relationship with QC / Regulatory Affairs, and to liaise effectively with them when deviations or problems are encountered
- Oversees creation and calculation of customer specified offer considering actual market situations
- Facilitate best practice exchange and knowledge transfer within the Regional Hub SSA and with other regions within EMEA
- Ensure provision of state of art infrastructure to technical staff (mobile phone, PC, car, tools, measuring devices)
Your personality is characterized by a high level of drive, positive mindset, and energy. You are action oriented, and you have excellent project / change management skills.
Your independent way of working and analytical mindset enables you to meet project deadlines and overcome periods with high workload.
You are pragmatic, process oriented and a true team player.
- Academic degree in electrical and electronic engineering
- Relevant work experience as a Service Manager or Head of Operations in an international Sales & Service environment.
- Specialist knowledge of the following areas would be a plus : solution selling, service digitalization, Continuous improvement, service innovation, service design or service excellence.
- Experience in Distributor management would be advantageous
- Excellent leadership skills and management techniques following good leadership principles.
- You have experience in managing cross functional management teams.
- Excellent Project Management and implementation skills.
- Highly professional attitude characterized by a result, quality, patient and customer oriented working style.
- Future-oriented, solution-oriented, proactive and out of the box thinking personality.
- Team player with a strong drive to create positive work environment, able to motivate and empower employees.
- You like working cross-functionally within a matrix organization.
- Very high social competence paired with persuasiveness and self-confidence, high level of energy and positivity based on a sincere personality.
- High customer and team orientation as well as strong communication skills.
- Proactive, result- and solution-driven with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- High language proficiency in English (spoken & written).
- Willingness to travel within the SSA region
- Onsite presence in Johannesburg is required.
Career with a purposeWe offer an opportunity to create and deliver treatments that save and change lives for the better.
We’ll support your ongoing development. And you’ll be part of a dedicated team of people who inspire each other to create the best possible healthcare outcomes each and every day.
Inclusion and diversityJoining Fresenius Medical Care means becoming part of a team that values diversity. We embrace the wealth of different backgrounds, cultures,
experiences and opinions that make up our workforce and strive to create an inclusive atmosphere in which all our employees feel valued.
StabilityDeveloping innovative products and continuously improving our renal therapies made us the clear market leader in the production of hemodialysis machines, with sustainable, profitable growth .
This position provides our 125000 employees with the stability and security they need to help improve the lives of our patients.
Learning and developmentWe offer participation in programs at world-class business schools, leadership development, regular training for our nurses, health care professionals and manufacturing staff and digital access to high-quality educational content for all employees worldwide 24 / 7.
Local benefitsOur employees enjoy both local and global opportunities for growth and personal fulfilment. We offer local benefits designed to suit the requirements of the respective country and place of work to create ideal conditions everywhere.
Work-life balanceWe want to empower people to deliver better care. Therefore, we promote a better work-life balance through flexible working hours, part-time models, the possibility to work from home, and more.