CHEP South Africa
Senior Manager, Manufacturers and Distributors, South Africa
Opportunity to grow your career with a Global Industry Leader. Take your career to new heights.
Be an integral member of the Manufacturers and Distributors management team ensuring our vision and strategy “Step Up” is brought to life and its objectives are delivered.
Lead and develop a team that partners and collaborates with strategic key account and customer service accounts across South Africa to: “Be the preferred supplier of Supply Chain solutions generating ULP growth exceeding revenue growth, enabling us to invest to the benefit of the business and our customers”.
To do this they will lead the Key Accounts and Service Team to develop robust senior relationships and a detailed knowledge of these customers’ supply chains and businesses. The team will be required to use this knowledge to develop relevant solutions that enable the customers’ businesses to be increasingly agile, efficient, and sustainable. The implementation of CHEP’s solutions will unlock unprecedented & unrivalled value for these customers and will enable a step change in the delivery of CHEP SSA’s strategic and financial objectives.
This role will be responsible for CHEP South Africa’s Manufacturers and Distributors revenue and asset management KPIs, commercial negotiations, new business, account development and account service strategies to deliver sustainable profitable growth and customer satisfaction.
- Build a culture focused on unrivalled value creation through customer focused problem solving.
- Develop high performing teams and key individuals who will grow and develop beyond their current roles ensuring we have a talent pipeline for the future.
- Build teams of engaged and enabled employees by developing strategies around role design, recognition, growth & development, and career opportunities.
- Ensure a safe & secure work environment enhancing our Zero Harm culture
Strategic Key Account Management & Customer Service
- Develop a customer-centric culture where “We are the #1 Supply Chain Partner for Pooling Solutions”.
- Maximise customer loyalty through continuously developing and improving customer service excellence, customer relationship management and joint business planning.
- Ensure revenue & customer profitability aspirations are met through appropriate commercial account management & pricing, robust customer relationship management.
- Support CHEP’s position as the industry market leader and to develop appropriate strategies to differentiate our service and support our value proposition so as to be seen as a supply chain solutions provider.
- Protect the South Africa’s existing portfolio of manufacturing, LSP & IBC customer accounts. Achieve the annual revenue budget for existing customer accounts and drive the diversification of our offering to unlock mutual value.
- Ensure all Key customer accounts have joint business plans that communicate the value proposition of the CHEP solutions provided.
- Lead multi-functional teams on major new business (e.g. supplier integration, new market segments) and or lane expansion opportunities to ensure that CHEP develops strategies to deliver profitable growth through new business opportunities.
- Implement a market segmented value proposition to deepen our relationship at the “supply” side of the supply chain in order to increase “stickiness” and drive their advocacy of CHEP to distributors and retailers (formal and informal).
- Ensure our service offer and product offering will allow us to meet stretching growth targets and changing market needs.
- Oversee and own overhead budgets and associated areas of the P&L.;
- Improving the ‘bench strength’ of our customer facing teams and providing credible succession plans
Preferred degree qualified in a commercial or sales & marketing-based discipline. MBA or similar post-grad qualification preferred. Equivalent qualifications or experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will have a good grasp of commercial finance and the basis upon which investment decisions are made.
Ideally 5 years in a senior commercial leadership role with people and matrix management in a complex organisation. Ideally 10 year’s general business experience.
Skills and Knowledge
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful track record of:
- Leading large and complex commercial negotiations building strong customer relationships.
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Leadership of hi performing teams, identifying & developing key talent.
- Cross-functional key stakeholder management.
- Identifying new business/new sector opportunities.
- Go to market implementation planning.
- Results oriented and relish accountability.
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- Use logic & analysis to identify opportunities & solve problems.
- Ability to challenge where necessary to enable appropriate change without creating conflict.