Province of KwaZulu-Natal
Rio Tinto South Africa 2020 Graduate Programme – Finance
(For persons with disabilities)
The Rio Tinto Global Graduate Programme is a two-year learning journey meant to set an eager finance graduate up for a successful career with Rio Tinto, subsequently, proceeding the programme, you’ll have the skill set and experience required to operate as an entry level accountant at Rio Tinto.
Who are we?
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and invite all races, gender and persons with disabilities to apply for this amazing opportunity. Located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group. Not only are we pioneers in mining and metals,
but we also excel in developing people from all walks of life.
We are international leaders in the production of salt, iron ore for steel, aluminium for cars and smart phones, copper for wind turbines and diamonds that celebrate the finest moments in life.
Rio Tinto has been changing lives for almost 150 years and we’ve established a footprint in 36 diverse countries. As our exceptional candidate, you can explore and develop your personal and professional potential within one of the most dynamic and culturally diverse companies in the world.
What is the role?
Our biggest belief at Rio Tinto is the promotion of an all-inclusive work environment. As a candidate who reflects our commitment to inclusion and equality, during the programme, you’ll gain hands-on experience doing real work, while working alongside knowledgeable and passionate professionals.
The person with disabilities candidate can look forward to collaborating with others, sharing ideas, being innovative and developing new ways. You’ll also have ownership and active participation in your overall development.
You’ll enjoy our rotation system where you’ll work across the finance department, mainly in financial accounting, external reporting, business acumen and exposure to the risk department while also gaining exposure to global trends and thinking.
During the two years, you’ll gain comprehensive training, exposure to innovative projects and technology, a broad variety of digital learning materials with world-class leadership content, as well as industry-leading experts who’ll cultivate your talent and capabilities.
- World class mentorship and access to some of the brightest minds globally
- A highly attractive salary
- Eligibility for an annual salary review, performance bonus and the option to join our share plan
- Company benefits, such as access to health and medical programs, pension and savings plans, wellbeing benefits, career development & education assistance to further your ambitions and our amazing employee assistance program
- Join a highly diverse and inclusive team culture that encourages collaboration across geographies, commodities, disciplines and markets
Requirements (Graduated in 2020 or have recently completed your studies in the following):
- BCom (Majoring in Accounting, Management Accounting, Tax and Auditing), BTech
- Advantageous Qualification in CIMA
- Persons with disabilities
Applications close 14 August 2020.
How to apply:
Search our available Graduates & Student jobs
Click on the role