Job Title: Trade Promotions Analyst
Location: Bedfordview, South Africa
Permanent, Full Time
Retail Insights (RI) is an analytical platform that has been established across KC commercial teams globally. The platform is a key enabler to assess and test ROI of the investments that we put behind out promotional planning with retailers. While ROI is a key area of focus, RI enables better forecasting of spend behind the right levers - unlocking more price growth and profit - while ensuring uncompromised return to the business in the form of market share and volume.
The platform requires full end to end support from : data integrity management and maintenance, annual plan upload and accuracy,
analysis of promotional activity and strategy development based on the analytical output.
- Develop and own the internal tracking and maintainance of the total sales promotional annual calendar (as an input into the RetaiL Insights platform
- Own and maintain the total RI platform for the SA commercial team - managing all data elements from financial to sales info accurately and within timescales
- Output analytics : Pre and Post promo evaluations, with the intention of changing promotional areas where required for maximum ROI
- Define medium to long term promotional plans based on key learnings and "proof" via promotional forecasting
- Inform S&OP; process for more robust volume forecasts through insights generation and vol/price understanding
- Customer/Channel specific monthly reviews on performance/ROI and check and adjust on YTG plans
- Provide monthly executive reporting and insights on key areas of performance and YTG opportunites/Risks
- Build trust and influence senior stakeholders within the local team through networking, appropriate GTM excellence reviews and steering committees
- Extensive experience in a similar Consumer Insights Analyst role
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to work with large amount of data
- Advanced MS excel skills (power pivot, etc). Tableau reporting is an advantage
- Strong communication skills. Ability to lead training and promo reviews. Establish effective work relations within various individuals across all departments
- Financial acumen. Solid understanding of P&L;
- Commercial capabilities. Understanding of different promo mechanics, trading terms an FMCG specifics
- Experience in promo evaluation. Understanding of both KC & Retailer financial KPIs. ROI & customer profitability
- Experience in S&OP; cycle as an advantage. Understanding of relations between various departments
- Ideally Bachelors Degree within the commercial discipline
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm - we offer an attractive benefits package within a successful global business. This includes a highly competitive salary, which is negotiable depending on experience, as well as:
- Car allowance
- Performance-related bonus (15%)
- Provident fund contribution
- Medical Aid
- Group Risk
Above all, we pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture, and our commitment to you is that we will offer support and development to enhance your career.
Sound like the next step in your career, or want to know more? Just click apply, and I’ll be in touch!
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
South Africa- Bedfordview