City of Johannesburg
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented CCTV Control Room Manager to join our team at the Johannesburg DC.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Risk and Security Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the delivery of the control room service and ensure delivery of operational KPI's
- To deliver effective Security team management
- Ensuring operating systems are functioning correctly and are fit for purpose, troubleshooting and organizing for corrective action while at the same time mitigating against any risk to the Takealot Distribution Centre.
- Carrying out dynamic security and safety risk assessments
- Ensuring the efficient and correct system/ equipment use of systems by staff
- Communicating effectively with the control room and Security teams and liaising effectively with the operational management teams within the Takealot Distribution Centre
- Maintaining effective relationships with management, contractors and service providers
- Managing training and development of control room staff
- Conducting and monitoring control room staff appraisals and encouraging further development
- Providing reports and recommending process improvements
- Developing and maintaining the control room operations manual that supports all operations, updating when required and formulating and implementing security policy and procedures
- Acting as a focal point for security operations decision making during routine and emergency situations
- Provide timeous feedback on investigations
- Adhering to compliance standards and relevant laws
- Any other duties deemed relevant to the role
- Must be hands on and have a preventative mindset
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Strong organizational & prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Be able to work in a pressured environment.
- Be able to complete tasks quickly & efficiently.
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- 3 – 5 Years experience in a CCTV control room environment as a manager
- Experience in successfully leading teams to constantly achieve departmental and company objectives
- Experience of working with various CCTV control room systems
- Target and KPI focused yet able to deliver whilst maintaining employee engagement
- Experience of managing a control room in a pressurized environment and familiarization of working with control room systems, performing investigations and submitting timeous reports.
- A higher education in management and/or security management in addition to relevant security certifications is required.
- Should be computer literate can competent in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technical IT qualifications and Control Room Operator Certification will be advantageous
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.