Thermo Fisher Scientific
City of Johannesburg
Job Location: Cape Town- Remote
This is a dual focused role with both Application support & Engineering support & installation focus.
What will you do?
- Provide information to customers regarding applications and related products for the CE, qPCR, CA & NGS systems, including kits, reagents, and ancillary devices.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction by coordinating on-site technical support on automation, such as lab setup consultancy, training, troubleshooting, and remote follow up in the territory of South Africa (Occasional support to be provided in Africa).
- Contribute to pre-sales activities by running the most fit to purpose demonstrations.
- Responsible for closing open customer complaints and Impact service and support by joint problem solving and technical coaching.
- Responsible for providing, in a timely and professional manner, all technical activities to contribute to the success of the business working closely with his/her corresponding Key Account Manager
- Play Major role by preparing & delivering /performing Technical Sales Tasks to support strategic presales operations (demonstrations, evaluations, dual visits, seminars/lectures/workshops) of whole solution offer fitting to the customer / market needs
- Delivers professional Service activities (installation, training and maintenance assistance etc.) in order to provide an optimum Service support to all customers to achieve loyalty.
- Contributes to achieve specific Service related targets as defined for revenues, profit, service order volume, etc. - while complying with internal rules and practices.
- Acts within general Service policies, business processes and procedures (PPP) and local procedures and rules.
- Coordinates own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, team leader, colleagues). Produces timely and accurate reports of own activities as appropriate: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc. (via e-mail or written)
Who we are looking for: (input experience, skills & abilities)
- Doctorate or Masters in Molecular Biology with at least 3 years + demonstrable experience in applications support (molecular biology applications).
- Molecular Biology / Biology / Life Sciences / Engineering university degree
- Past experience in a relevant service function and remote field based on-site work
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Computer literate.
- Good verbal and written command of the English (technical) language.
- Other requirements:
- Office/Home based function.
- Willingness to travel throughout South Africa & occasionally into Africa (50% - 75%)
- Valid passport holder
- Driving license is required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.