Hutech Head Office
POSITION: Mining Procurement Superintendent
LOCATION: Barberton, Mpumalanga
REMUNERATION: Market related
REPORT TO: Procurement Manager
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 07 August 2020
- Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Superintendent leads the procurement function in Ecuador. Duties include assisting in the development and implementation of strategic construction and operational sourcing, procurement, and supply management strategies across the supply chain in the incumbent roles area.
- The role will also involve assisting in the standardization of procurement documents, the establishment of code of conduct for suppliers, contractual guarantees and penalties,
segregation of technical and commercial functions in the purchasing process, reduction and control of sole/single sourcing, and promoting effective governance in the purchasing process.
- NQF 6 (Diploma or Advanced certificate) in purchasing Management / Legal / Finance Discipline
- NQF 7 (Bachelors Degree or Advanced Diploma) in a business management or relevant or engineering discipline will advantageous
- At least 5 years management experience in a procurement department within the mining industry
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 Years Financial Accounting Experience in a Mining Environment (Required);
- Valid Code B Driving License.
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational procurement policies and processes to ensure a consistent and standardized approach and to drive improvements and efficiencies in national procurement activities.
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of procurement to encourage innovative practices and support delivery of business and policy directions.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders to provide strategic insights on business needs, resolve complex issues and deliver high performance cost, service and quality outcomes.
- Provide leadership, direction and effective management of the Barberton Mine procurement team and cross-functional working groups to achieve a high-level of performance in procurement and deliver high quality advice and service to stakeholders.
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risks to minimize negative impacts on organizational objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
- Establish performance standards and evaluation processes to assess and report on procurement activity in terms of progress, results, customer satisfaction, value and cost.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have relevant University degree and /or globally recognized materials management certificate(s)
- Minimum 5 years of management experience leading a department or group
LEGAL KNOWLEDGE IS COMPULSARY:
- Experience in managing inventory planning and budgeting
- Valid certificate of physical fitness
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to communicate with people on different levels
- Valid drivers Licence
- Remuneration will be based on a competitive all-inclusive flexible package.