Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- Responsible for dynamic fraud rules algorithms, quality assurance and governance underpinning new analytics development
- Provide 24/7 fraud rule monitoring support to effectively prevent and detect flash fraud
- Drive innovation in fraud risk prediction, prevention, detection models using predictive analytics and machine learning models
Minimise the overall fraud risk impact on the organisation, through proactive insights and analytics underpinned by best in class capability to optimize the fraud risk and customer experience trade-off and ensure trust from stakeholders:
- Maximise business value creation and deliver exceptional customer experience whilst minimising external fraud risk and related losses through robust configuration of fraud rules, algorithms, decision trees. This includes enabling Predictive Fraud Modelling, Machine Learning and Analytics capability, group-wide.
- Execution and oversight of all the 24/7 Fraud Rules, Predictive Fraud Modelling and Analytics capability group-wide, and overarching key performance indicators.
- Execution and alignment of the Fraud Rules Governance, Modelling and Analytics Portfolio within the rules management function to achieve the group objectives of becoming a universal bank focusing on customer centricity and economic profit (optimise risk/reward trade-off).
- Develop and manage a balance of real time and batch fraud rules and predictive models to minimise the impact of financial crime to the bank, its customers and shareholders.
Manage functional data requirements:
- Responsible for Data Sourcing, Mining and Staging using ETL, SQL, SSIS and SAS development
- Data Wrangling and Feature Engineering for Model Data Management, Development and Life Cycle management using R, Python, C#, SAS and SQL programming
- Expert handling and management of structured and unstructured data
- Setting up of data pipelines, event hubs and ingestion using Big data Platforms and Cloud technology such as MS Azure, Cortana Intelligence Suite and SAS Analytic Suite
- Driving Action With Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning technology
- Visual representation of fraud patterns, statistics and BI (SAS, QlikView, MS Excel and Power BI)
Support Operational Fraud Analytics Capability:
- Inculcating and supporting a Strategic Analytics Culture
- Responsible for Systems and Model management and underpinning Data Analytics and Fraud rules management support.
- Manage the fraud model performance , QA , validation and ROI on the relevant fraud management platforms
- Hands-on in analysing and understanding large amounts of historical data to determine the most suitable fraud modelling techniques and leading model development and enhancement efforts.
- Bringing expertise with different types of algorithms and modelling processes
- Machine Learning and AI
- Meeting roadmap deliveries at high quality and on time.
- Working directly with internal and external business partners and supporting models in production
Support the FRS Heads in the Fraud Rules Governance Forums with respective business partners:
- Prepare appropriate Fraud Rules Governance performance reports and provide support to FRS Heads in unpacking fraud rule performance
- Provide data-driven fraud insights into FRG sessions to inform FRS Heads and business stakeholders to make the appropriate decisions
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum qualification : Honours Degree Field of study: Mathematical Sciences
- Preferred Qualification: Masters degree: Field of study: Mathematical Sciences
- Cortana Intelligence Suite, SQL, Python, and SAS Analytics Suite
- Reputable Data Scientist Degree , Data Mining/Machine Learning/Statistics Expertis
- 3-4 years Advanced experience in Financial Services, Predictive Modelling and Analytics capability development and management with a well-developed risk management knowledge of the personal and business banking, and wealth environments and related fraud through practice. Proven Predictive Fraud Modelling and Analytics experienceClick here to enter text.
- 2 years years Advance data analytics capabilities.
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Fraud Detection and Management
- Risk Management
- Effective business communication
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]