Our international team provides trading, sales, structuring and risk management solutions for our clients across global financial markets. This includes FX, commodities, equity, credit, fixed income and debt instruments. We also offer market insight, trading services, analytics and new financial products across a number of asset classes.
To proactively manage and provide specialist sector relevant treasury advice to a portfolio of low touch clients,
ensuring that client needs are understood and fulfilled to maximise flow sales return within defined risk parameters while optimising cross selling opportunities and overall client experience.
Digital portfolio management
- Manage a portfolio of low touch clients. Achieve annual sales targets by offering clients multi asset class risk management solutions (FI, FX and MM), that address their interests and needs.
Digital sales management
- Manage the digital sales process from selling to full execution, working closely with the Treasury Execution manager to dynamically manage margins, provide structured pricing, and ensure fair spreads and maximum value to clients.
- Proactively sell digital migration to clients by driving the digital value proposition and leveraging digital transition across the client portfolio. Optimise system utilisation to grow share of wallet. Promote use of self-service tools to reduce number of client enquiries and address client training issues to achieve predefined E/V ratios for clients on a self-service platform.
Digital business development
- Identify clients that have segregation of duties, clients where an FX rate can be embedded into their workflow or clients who travel, invest, remit and shop.
Client relationship management
- Utilising proactive mass push notifications to maintain regular contact with clients to broaden existing relationships and solicit business development opportunities that meet their respective business interests.
Specialist and trusted advice
- Ensure clients are provided with industry relevant market research and developments and currency / commodity movements to support their day to day decision making. Provide clients with regular trade ideas.
Client service excellence
- Act as the primary point of contact for client related issues within the portfolio (e.g. trade failure, no confirmation, system challenges, change in settlement instructions, and payment failures). Promptly refer matters to client services for resolution where required or liaise with / collaborate with managers from other business areas to seek resolution of escalated problems and to ensure efficient client relationship management.
Research, analytics and reporting
- Understand and drive origination through market segment analytics. Have a broad understanding of client’s competitor offerings, risk to multi dealer platforms or outsourcing.
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews to identify and manage client retention, lost clients and year-on-year revenue and turnover variances across each of the digital platforms. Conduct regular gap analysis to ensure clients are serviced in every one of their presence countries where SB overlaps to capture GM opportunities.
- Own and drive risk and control for area of responsibility, ensuring all activities are managed within the appropriate risk, controls, and regulatory parameters of the bank. Adhere to product risk limits and internal and external rules in order to ensure an optimum contribution to the bank in terms of profitability and risk control.
Policies, standards, processes, procedures and tools
- Implement applicable policies, systems, processes, procedures so that all relevant risk and business control requirements are fulfilled. Contribute to the continuous improvement of business control systems, processes and practices.
- Make business decisions with the broader franchise and client value across the universal bank in mind. Build, maintain and expand a network of internal and external stakeholders / partners. Liaise and partner across GM Sales, Products, Operations and Client Services to identify opportunities to optimise product and service delivery, drive service excellence and to realise new / cross selling opportunities to maximise revenues.
- Monitor, measure, benchmark and evaluate GM processes, tools and systems. Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the GM Flow Sales processes, productivity and cost reduction to support achievement of business excellence. Initiate and implement changes and improvements to ensure the continuous optimisation and alignment of GM (work) processes, tools and systems.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study;
- ACI and FAIS regulatory exams;
- Honour’s degree in a relevant field of study preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Global Markets business environment. industry and practical application of the products.
- Competency Description: Knowledge and understanding of the features, benefits and pricing of the products and services on offer to clients;
- Expertise on the opportunities, competitive environment, regulations, and risks related to doing business in a particular country;
- The ability to conduct sound analysis of individual transactions, through a thorough due diligence process (e.g. industry structure, company evaluation, cash-flow analysis, growth prospects, credit ratings, etc.);
- Knowledge of the Bank's clients, their names, requirements, history of relationship and key relationship issues;
- The ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position;
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]