City of Johannesburg
Information Technology and Services
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Feature Analyst - Digital to join our team at our Johannesburg offices.
Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
The Feature Analyst is accountable for guiding the clarification of the business requirements, through in-work collaboration with the business stakeholders, and working within the feature team to ensure these are delivered effectively
Prioritise and Plan work activities within the Feature Team
- Facilitate and participate in discovery/inception workshops to create a shared understanding of user needs and the potential technology solution required to deliver to these needs
- Identify user journeys which map out how a user will go through the system
- Work ahead of the team to get clarity on some (not all) requirements before the next iteration
- Create relevant user stories
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams comprised of product management, / UX, technology, support, testing and other subject matter experts to gather and analyse functional needs and user story requirements
- Groom user stories through business interviews, workshops or procedures and map user stories ensuring they come together as a cohesive whole.
- Provide the Product Owner with key information for prioritisation and estimation.
- Facilitate and participate in iteration meetings (product backlog grooming, planning meeting, daily stand up, review meeting and retrospective).
- Obtain sign off during iteration review sessions.
- Manage the stories (in JIRA), ensuring that all requirements are loaded as stories, ensuring the stories are assigned to epics.
- Support showcasing stories to stakeholders
- Work very closely with user experience team to ensure that processes, wireframes and content are optimally intuitive to end-users
Manage the Backlog for the Feature Team
- Ensure that the activities needed to fulfil each item in the backlog are identified, outlined and prioritized before the next sprint.
- Identify missing requirements
- Clarify the goals and business value of Minimum Marketable Features/Minimal Viable Products.
- Clarify any ambiguity until it is understood by the team
- Review user stories with the Product Owner with a strategic point of view
- Capture and keep the business and data rules up-to-date
- Ensure that where stories are blocked, these stories are prioritised to other iterations and new stories identified to replace them in the current iteration
Test cases for system
- Work with users to develop acceptance criteria or test cases for the system
- Produce acceptance tests from acceptance criteria
- Provide regular feedback by testing the deliverables against a user story’s acceptance criteria.
- Provide regular feedback by validating that the product meets the business goals.
- Provide support and input into system testing activities including participating in the development of the testing approach, development of test cases as well as the creation of testing scenarios.
Collaborate with the team to deliver on backlog
- Wear different hats: designer, tester, facilitator, product owner, etc
- Create a shared understanding of what the product is supposed to do
- Collaborate with the rest of the feature team to ensure that stories are delivered effectively and quality standards are adhered to
- Collaborate with developers, testers and user experience team to ensure that they are engaged ‘in the work’ to understand business context
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree: IT and Computer Sciences
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- 3 - 4 years' Business Analysis and Design. Experience with requirements elicitation, gathering, documentation and management.
- 3 - 4 years' Business Support. Understanding business needs and be able to analyse requirements.
- Candidate must have some experience in working within digital innovation teams and designing digital products/services to meet client expectations.
- Data Analysis. Ability to analyse statistics and other data, interpret and evaluate results, and create reports and presentations for use by others.
- Stakeholder Management. The coordination of relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business change.
- Research and Information Gathering. Ability to review and study relevant information from various sources to develop new information; Ability to identify primary and secondary authorities to validate the research.
- IT Risk Management. The planning and implementation of organization-wide processes and procedures for the management of operational risk.
- Requirement Validation. Knowledge and understanding of the techniques for validating requirements for form and content.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]