Top Talent Professional Services
R1 390 000 a year
Leads with integrity, managing, negotiating, problem solver, results focused, teamwork, networker, dedicated, compassionate, innovative, communication with influence.
"Import/Export" experience in key sectors of Aviation/Travel technology, Construction/Built environment, Digital technology, Education services, Engineering, Financial Software/Services & Healthcare.
The Johannesburg office of the Company manages the operations of the agency across Africa and supports the development and growth of international imports, working in partnership with global entrepreneurs and enterprises to help them start, grow, and win export sales in African markets.
Our structured process for working with individual companies aims to help them identify goods and services opportunities to capitalize on the substantial opportunities the high growth markets of Africa presents.
The Africa Regional Manager will be responsible for developing and leading the implementation of a 3 year strategy to substantially scale imports to South Africa in targeted sectors, in addition to responsibility for the management of the Johannesburg office and the Africa team, managing resources to optimise client impact, fostering innovation and new ideas and ensuring adherence to the Company’s organisational policies.
The Africa region is a key focus for the Company in the context of the current 2017-2020 strategy and the person appointed will be responsible for leading the team in delivering on this strategy for the region. They will also be responsible for the development & execution of a new 3-year growth plan to increase the Company’s footprint and client imports to Africa in the following key sectors: Aviation/travel technology, Construction/Built environment, Digital technology, Education services, Engineering, Financial Software/Services and Healthcare.
Africa is a dynamic and culturally diverse region which presents significant opportunities for global exporters. The diversity of the region coupled with positive, stable growth provides a strong platform for the Company’s clients to access opportunities and grow their exports. South Africa and the top 7 African markets currently accounts for €356m in client exports and provides an excellent opportunity for experienced European companies.
This is a key position within the Company, and the person appointed will play an important role within the Middle East, Africa, India Management Team. They will support and develop a team of highly motivated individuals in the further development and execution of their individual sectoral plans and in the achievement of ambitious targets and metrics across the region. The successful candidate will manage the wider regional responsibility engaging with all regional stakeholders across the 3 priority countries of South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya.
- Achievement of ambitious growth targets and metrics as set out in the proposal agreed by the board.
- Develop and implement specific supports and initiatives to support company sales activities, through the successful implementation of the Client Engagement Model.
- Develop a strong collaborative market development approach with the Company’s sector teams, departments, the High Growth markets (HGM) team as well as leveraging sectoral skills from within the IMEA regional team, thus ensuring that the Africa market strategy is fully aligned with the Company’s strategy.
- Have direct responsibility for an agreed portfolio of priority companies targeting the South African market.
- Proactively participate in the implementation of Market Activity Plans, Sectoral strategies in the IMEA region and take responsibility for leading cross sectoral teams in the market.
- Proactively seek out qualified market opportunities for individual global companies and sectors of industry and help clients to turn these opportunities into real sales.
- Develop a strong network of market contacts across Africa and provide a professional product sourcing service to local buyers.
- Increase the awareness of a particular European country as a supply source and facilitate buyer/supplier contact.
- Actively support and encourage the development of strong networks in the key markets in Africa.
- Undertake/manage agreed projects for individual global clients. Persuade clients at senior level to act on recommendations arising from such projects.
- Proactively input and harness relevant market research sources for strategic planning activities across the region.
- Effectively and efficiently manage budgets against targets set out by Director IMEA.
- Contribute to the Company’s IMEA Management team. Propose & implement new initiatives/ project ideas/ market opportunities to increase export growth to the market.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the Company’s global overseas network of offices and colleagues working for the Company.
- Develop and implement a close collaboration plan with DFAT and IDA in Africa, and nurture strong relations with other relevant global agencies and bodies.
- Represent the Company in the broader media, business and commercial environment and with the other government agencies.
- Experience / demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team to deliver on targets with proven team-working skills and a track record in achieving results is essential.
- Ability to manage the regional responsibility and manage regional stakeholders is essential.
- Gain a solid understanding of the Companies’ supports and services delivered through the overseas office network.
- Company development skills including:
- Strong marketing ability with good knowledge of business models and sales processes;
- Understanding of company stages of development and corresponding needs;
- Experience of implementing marketing/sales and business development strategies in companies;
- Good knowledge/understanding of the major issues impacting business competitiveness of global companies in Africa.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the factors involved in doing business in a developing market
- Ability to Represent the Company at “C” level encounters with in-market organisations and client companies, and have the capability to convince companies to act on recommendations
- An ability to work across multiple sectors, and to recognise in which sectors should be priority for the Company and client companies
- Clear ability to increase in-market delivery capability through the identification and management of 3rd party collaborators
- Strong networking skills and the ability to develop solid networks in the market and internally across the Company’s locations and departments in addition to other government agencies and bodies
- Proven Project management skills including the ability to oversee/manage significant events including inward and outward missions involving Government Ministers.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing priorities including projects / events / client work / team and build appropriate contingency plans.
- High level of flexibility to travel across the priority markets to support the delivery of the Company’s and client objectives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work on own initiative
- A third level qualification in Business or a related discipline would be an advantage.
The ability to remain outcome and results focused with regard to business priorities and organisational goals, monitoring progress and adjusting approach ensuring delivery against the appropriate timescales.
Innovation and Risk-Taking
Actively encourages new ideas, experimentation and measured risk-taking, while always being on the lookout for opportunities to continuously improve business processes and efficiencies within the Company and client organisations.
Problem Solving and Decision-Making
The ability to be decisive and take tough decisions about clients, people and costs to deliver sustainable results, using the analysis of information and situations to make logical and sound decisions.
The ability to provide an excellent client service focusing on client needs and building and maintaining effective personal and business relationships to advance clients’ objectives and the Company’s strategy.
Communicating with Impact to Influence Others
Communicates in a manner that will persuade, convince and influence their own staff and others, both internally and externally, in order to motivate, inspire or encourage them to follow a particular course of action.
Co-operates with colleagues, shares information and respects the opinions and values of staff members. Understands the skills, experience and knowledge of staff members and maximises how these can be utilised to the benefit of the department, the organisation and the client.
Embracing & Leading Change
Understands the business agenda of the Company and embraces changes for area of responsibility and for external and internal clients.
Establishes and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues and other networks for the purpose of sharing information.
Developing Yourself & Others
Creates an environment that enables others to excel in terms of job performance.
Acting / Leading with Integrity
Lives the Company’s purpose and values, acting genuinely and with integrity, in a manner that builds trust and engages and motivates others, placing the genuine needs of the client, the organisation, and staff ahead of personal agendas
Send cvs to -Please upload your CV here-