City of Cape Town
Cape Town, Western Cape
The jobholder is responsible for ensuring new business growth, sustaining existing sales volumes, increasing market share and increasing the net profit margin in the OEM, GT and Transport Sub Divisions
- Manage and control the investment spend at customer sites.
- Ensure that all Customer information is up to date and correct on all the relevant system ie: SAP and SALSA.
- Assist with Tender Procedures and Requirements.
- Liaise with Depots on stock holdings and customer requirements.
- Assist with Promotions
- Participate in developing sales and marketing strategies within the OEM, GT and Transport Sub Divisions
- Develop and grow business opportunities within the OEM, GT and Transport Sub Divisions
- Collect and report market intelligence, competitor activities.
- Proactively market ANAC services to major GT customers
- Provide support with technical advice to customers.
- Investigate and propose opportunities for investment
- Nurture, maintain and manage good customer and stakeholder relations.
- Effectively manage pricing, rebates and discount levels and ensure all costing associated with customers is accounted for.
- Manage customer credit (resolve errors, perform reconciliation) and ensure customer service delivery.
- Contract management and administration.
- Provide Sales Manager on a weekly basis with activity Reports.
- Complete asset surveys as and when requested by Total.
- Negotiate new agreements with customers
- Manage the level of gross margin after variable expense (GMVE) per customer.
- Conduct variance analysis / business reviews per customer, compare to budget and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Achieve budgeted sales and margins with the use of SALSA.
- Collect and report market intelligence, competitor activities, pricing strategies etc.
Ensure compliance with the following five values of Total South Africa:
- Respect for each other
- Pioneering Spirit
- Stand Together
- Performance Minded
- To ensure constant adherence and compliance to company HSEQ and security standards, local by-laws, standards and legislation so as to minimise all risk pertaining to company assets and protection of life
- Comply with Light Vehicle Driving Policy
Context and environment
The OEM(Original Equipment Manufactures) business is highly technical and accounts are largely International Group Accounts. There are many Motor Industry regulations and other legal requirements to be met in the Market.
- Appropriate 3 year degree or diploma in Marketing and Sales or
- 5 Years experience in the Oil industry and Sales Department
- Good sales management, negotiations and conflict resolution skills
- OEM / Motor Industry Lubricants experience
- Good knowledge and application of TSA’s Code of Conduct / Ethics and Policies and Procedures would be advantageous
- Good knowledge and understanding of business and legal basics
- Good knowledge of SALSA System
Good knowledge of Total’s Lubricant Products
Sales general responsibilities
Region, department, area
Workplace location (Precisions/Keywords)
Experience level required
3 - 6 years
Affiliate (if known)
Marketing & Services
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.