Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
Translate the data strategy into data governance strategies, frameworks and roadmaps. Responsible for the execution of Data Governance related activities by monitoring the effectiveness of and adherence to governance processes that support the active management of identified information, data practices and data assets according to agreed standards and policies.
To co-ordinate requests and execute requirements from regulatory and governance bodies pertaining to Data Services.
- Contribute to the achievement of strategic data objectives through an effective data risk management framework, and through the provision of quality assurance over these practices.
- Develop data governance strategies, framework(s) and roadmap(s) aligned to the group strategy to drive adherence to governance processes.
- Develop or review data management policy, standards and process documents ensuring that standard repeatable outcomes are achievable.
- Establish Data Governance decision rights
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance:
- Analyse new and existing legislation in order to understand the impact on the Data environment. Recommend new approaches and provide thought leadership by keeping knowledge of industry standards and best practice up to date. Review and present reports to management on data governance issues, making strategic recommendations and advising where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, standards, systems, processes, and procedures so that all relevant risk and governance requirements are fulfilled incorporating the four pillars of risk management, i.e. security, risk, privacy and compliance management. Define the baseline requirements as well as the process for closure of significant data issues in collaboration with the risk fraternity and Group Internal Audit
- Drive the definition and implementation of Data Governance organisational bodies, roles and responsibilities required to meet governance objectives. Drive the embedding of governance structures which could include but are not limited to forums/working groups/people or operating models to move business to maturity and support business objectives.
- Define governance requirements for the different stages in the data lifecycle or data and information in general by setting rules over data and information assets to ensure alignment to group data strategy.
- Maintain an accurate audit trail of all interactions, correspondence and related documentation. Document and maintain data capability frameworks. Lead effective implementation of the data governance framework. Ensure effectiveness of risk management systems and processes for all IT and data Governance and product related functions in the value chain.
- Oversee and support the Data Steward community by ensuring alignment on data quality and defined data quality metrics. Assist with the definition of test cases for data to be executed as part of CTB (change the bank) data requests arising from the labs.
- Undertake ad hoc reviews and investigations of standards, policies and business rules pertaining to data and information governance, develop analysis reports, document key findings and ensure issues raised are resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead (for specified time period) or participate in guilds to strengthen capacity and promote best practice. Engage and raise awareness with the business on how to leverage the guilds.
- Identify gaps and next steps in order to prioritise value add special projects to meet governance requirements. Act as a subject matter expert from a Data Governance perspective and provide input into decisions relating to governance and the use of data and information. Ensure that the appropriate controls and processes are effective at identifying, quantifying and managing overall data governance compliance across the business.
Technology & Architecture:
- Work closely with IT to provide assurance by performing baseline, design and post implementation reviews to secure and protect data and information for optimum performance of systems
- Drive Data Governance education by providing on the job guidance to Data Governance practitioners to resolve any escalated issues and support achievement of objectives as per defined quality standards. Mentor and coach junior/new Data Governance practitioners in order to upskill them on processes, standards, procedures and products.
- Plan for and manage change related to data governance implementation to effect information management culture changes, processes and policies in support of business objectives.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum qualification : First Degree Field of study: Information Studies
- Data Management certification (Certified Data Management Practitioners (CDMP), Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP) or related).
- 3-4 years Sound experience with and understanding of risk management and terminology within related area of financial services, such as banking, investment asset management or insurance. Understanding of related products and services, and basic business processes
- 7 years Sound knowledge and understanding of policies (including but not limited to Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), financial market acts, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Business Unit specific regulatory requirements/legislation. Knowledge of DAMA Framework for end-to-end Information Lifecycle. Knowledge of Internal Audit, Governance Frameworks, COBIT 5, King IV, Knowledge of Industry Frameworks: e.g. PCI-DSS. Broad experience in data and information environment with knowledge of Data Management and broad understanding of capabilities of the landscape e.g. data modelling - how to translate data governance into a business value/understanding. Experience in providing information governance assurance to business stakeholders. Experience in data remediation practices. Exposure to various Business Support.
- Number of Direct Report: 1-3
- Number of Indirect Reports: 11-50
- Process Governance
- Remedial Action Development
- Information Management
- Data Management
- Fraud Detection and Management
- Risk Management
- Risk Response Strategy
- Data Quality
- Data Compliance
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]