Job Title: Commercial Marketer
Salary: Market related
Contract/ Perm: Perm
- Provide quality underwriting outcomes for the Marketing function through effectively maintaining marketing standards and providing quality client and broker service while improving client base and income. Source a sustainable stream of potential business from brokers. They should have a track record that they can prove.
- Visit brokers to introduce the company and develop market presence and build relationships with a view to obtaining new business.
- Feedback on market intelligence including trends in respect of cover and rates.
- Respond to queries and resolve them satisfactorily within scope of authority.
- Prepare and attend meetings when necessary.
- Meet budget responsibility.
- Review and analyse new quote requests, follow-up and tracking.
- Ability to analyse complex quotes / renewals.
- Keeping up-to-date with internal processes and procedures as well as product development.
- Participating in proactive and vibrant sales and marketing initiatives – aGO GETTER.
- Maintaining of the appropriate underwriting rules and rating structures.
- Understand the product & underwriting needs of intermediaries and clients.
- Must be fully FAIS compliant. (a tertiary degree would be advantageous.)
- 5 years’ Broker Consulting/marketing experience with a proven track record. Proven track record in maintaining and building new relationships with intermediaries and industry bodies in short term insurance.
- Must be technically proficient.
- Must be able to sell.
- Must be able to analyse and assess risks.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must be client focused and very service orientated.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good negotiation skills including initiative.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have a drivers’ licence and own car.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
- Product knowledge and knowledge of wordings.
- Qualifications to accompany CV please together with DOFA.
"You must be able to attend a local interview to be considered for this role"
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.