Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the PwC’s quality and efficiency objectives by providing internal support to Partners and their engagement teams in respect of assurance methodology, ATP and Aura matters. Projects which this role will be involved in will primarily be of an assurance methodology, ATP or Aura nature however as far as possible we will endeavour to involve this role in the other areas of assurance support, (e.g. L&E;, Audit technical, Risk Management) to the extent that this is of a quality or efficiency nature. Providing support to Partners and their engagement will prove critical to address the quality, efficiency and value of all of our services and will create the capacity for growth. Initiatives to support these objectives will be globally and locally developed and implemented.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 18 months post-
- Articles experience as an
- Audit engagement manager
- Chartered Accountant (South Africa)
Desirable skills or attributes
- Well-developed writing and verbal skills.
- Strong presentation skills will be beneficial.
- Should be confident in their communication of information to the
Primary responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Manage the implementation of assurance methodology, ATP and Aura projects to ensure quality and efficiency across assurance engagements. Overall management and responsibility will include reporting on implementation progress over the course of the various projects.
- Drive behavioural change amongst assurance Partners and their engagement teams through regular and targeted communication. The focus of the behavioural change will be at the forefront of the transformation objectives in an effort to ensure PwC is distinctive.
- Manage communication with the assurance methodology network under the direction of the team leader. Communication will take the form of facilitating learning interventions as well as writing alerts for release to the practice.
- Identify and manage local ATP initiatives with the sole responsibility of implementation, roll out and reporting.
- Ensure consistency of assurance methodology messages through regular interaction with the assurance methodology network.
- Support assurance teams in ensuring quality, whilst driving efficiency, and compliance to assurance methodology through performing of efficiency, CIR and audit quality reviews.
- Respond to assurance methodology, ATP or Aura queries and where possible assist assurance engagement teams with guidance on best practice to drive quality and efficiency.
Secondary / Ad hoc responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting of the CIR programme for South market area and Africa as a whole.
- The establishment and facilitation of building working relationships within the African network.
- Liaise with key contacts with the East and West market areas.
- Support the core team the development and maintenance of Aura libraries;
- Support the core team the with the maintenance of the Template Manager database;
- Ad-hoc assistance with Audit Technical queries/projects
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
August 31, 2020