City of Johannesburg
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Distribution and Fleet Controller to join our team at our Distribution Centre in Johannesburg.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Fleet and Driver Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement and enforce health and safety procedures and ensure regulations are followed.
- Coordinate drivers, vehicles, loads and deliveries.
- Allocation and managing of staff resources and vehicles according to changing needs
- Interviewing, hiring and training of new personnel.
- Preparation and submission of paperwork to regulatory bodies as required.
- Monitor the hub (warehouse), whilst ensuring all products are received and delivered in an efficient and timely manner.
- Liaising with staff.
- Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- Managing staff training issues.
- Motivating other members of the team.
- Planning vehicle routes.
- Care for all vehicles and property, always having due regard for all such property – asset care
- Optimization of vehicles mileage, fuel usage and overall running costs.
- Breakdown and Accident Response
- Be flexible
- Being punctual
- Having excellent driving skills
- Being reliable and trustworthy
- Having good concentration
- Having interpersonal abilities
- Having knowledge about routes and geography
- Being able to work under pressure
- Having awareness of safety procedures for goods´ loading and unloading processes
- Being able to meet deadlines
- Having good communication skills
- Must be physically fit since the job requires extensive travelling, and carrying plenty of boxes. Must be able to stoop and lift at least 30kg
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Certificate in Logistics/Supply Chain
- 2 years' Management experience
- 4-6 years employment in a full Dispatch operations environment
- Experience in an FMCG environment
- Experience in a large business - high volume environment
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.